For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Georgelaws's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, January 12th, 2017 11:22 AM

Wireless bill

I would like someone to look at my account. It is through the roof. It is so high I am the primary and my phone is cracked and does not charge. I can't even afford to get a properly working phone. I have been a loyal customer for quite some time now and I feel I am being taken advantage of. I have a very good offer from a competitor that will buy out my contract and I am seriously considering that. Please look at my account with all the overages and tell me what you can do. I have got nowhere with customer service. My account phone number is [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@Georgelaws This is a customer to customer forum, not customer support. No one here can see your account. If you would like to share what your plan is and how many lines and what you are being charged for, we can advise you how to lower your bill. Otherwise, you need to contact customer support directly.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@Georgelaws

I will echo sandblaster and add...

Hollow threat.  (And ATT knows it)

This is what all switch offers require:

1.  Port in your numbers 

2.  Buy new phones on installments 

3.  Trade in your previous carriers phone's in good condition and working order.  (Do you see where this falls apart?)

4.  Submit a final bill.

You will not get reimbursement on your phone because its broken.   Read the fine print on the offers.   This is why ATT won't help you.  They know you cannot get reimbursed for your line.  

Your options:

Buy a phone outright.  If your budget is tight, You have a couple options.  You can purchase any of the phones sold as Gophones through ATT.  These tend to be lower in specs and storage - NOT what I would want or recommend.  You can also buy one of the unlocked phones sold at Best Buy.  My family has purchased the Moto pure edition (more than one). Excellent phone and only $250 for the 32 gig storage model.  The Moto G4 is less expensive, not quite as high quality, but can't beat it for the price.

I understand Costco has the Moto for $219 (or did before the holidays)

As for why your bill is high...  we can't see your bill.  If you look online you can see what the charges are and we can help based on what you tell us.  Please provide a full picture of data, line fees, installments, taxes and any unusual charges.

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

7 years ago

@Georgelaws

You specifically mention overages, which means you are on an older plan. Some of the older plans can't be beat, but the newest plan, Mobile Share Advantage, has absolutely no overages. When you've used the full amount of high speed data you've paid for, your data speed slows, but does not stop. Do a comparison; is your plan so old that you are paying for text messages, for example? Texts are unlimited with the new plan.

Finally, did you just talk to the first CS agent that came on or did you ask to speak to someone in retentions? They can make offers that the normal CSR can't.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.