For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Jimmygrf's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, November 24th, 2016 5:13 AM

Why doesn't AT&T automatically give its longtime customer the best rate plans.

I am tired of hearing about better rate plans after i pay more than i should. And I have to call to find out.

Professor

• 

1.1K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @Jimmygrf,

The simple reason is that it would be a great hassle to communicate that personally to customers and ask for permission to change rate plans. Most customers don't want AT&T picking for them or bothering them.

AT&T clearly announces new plans on their website and reguarly runs TV ads for them. You should also check your email marketing preferences to ensure that you are subscribed to receive marketing emails as these would help ensure you receive the most up to date info. Info on that is at https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1011260.

The othe reason is because it's not always better for every customer so AT&T leaves it to you to decide.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Jimmygrf They can't just change your plan on you, you have an agreement for THAT plan. You need to choose to change your plan. 

The new plan is $20 a month per line, your old plan may be less than that and you might not want that increase.

When solved / helped, please mark your question as solved by clicking "Accept solution". This helps other people to find an answer more quickly.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

All of ATT's plans and rates are on ATT.com. No need to call. You can see what the plan prices are anytime day or night.

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

7 years ago

@Jimmygrf check out the forum complaints from customers that claim ATT changed their plan without their permission and want their old plan back. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

7 years ago

I am on a now grandfathered plan.  I would be very annoyed if they changed my plan because it would cost me $20 more each month.

It is always the customers choice to keep an old plan if they want.  You must initiate a plan change yourself.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.