Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
A5417351791's profile

Scholar

• 

76 Messages

Monday, July 3rd, 2017 12:23 AM

Why am I being charged $23.00 per month for my "buy one get one free Galaxy S7."

I want to know why I went with my son so he could get the new Galaxy S7 Edge on my account. While at the AT&T store, they say; "today you can buy one and get a Galaxy S7 for free." So why now am I paying $23.00 a month for my "buy one get one free Galaxy S7." My son already paid off his phone. It makes no sense. The clerk also told me that my bill would only change $15.00 per month for the new "buy one get one free Galaxy S7." Yea, right. I want the $23.00 per month taken off and all that I have paid put toward my account. I don't even have the S7 any longer, it was stolen. Now I'm using a AT&T Go phone on my account and paying $70 something dollars per month which includes the $23.00 per month for my "buy one get one free Galaxy S7" when I could pay $30 per month on the Go phone plan. What a joke. When contract is up, no more AT&T for me. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

7 years ago

The Buy one get one had requirements you most likely did not meet 

1.   Big promotions are to add business, did you add a new line for the free phone?  

2.   Both phones have to be purchased on installments 

3.   If he paid off his phone the installment requirement isn't being kept.  

4.  It doesn't matter if you have the phone, stolen, broken, lost or whatever, that is not ATT problem, you still have to pay off it.   If you insured it you could have got a replacement from Asurion.  (No different than a car, no insurance, no car, your problem)

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

$23/mo is about what you should be paying for the "buy one". What exactly were you expecting?

Scholar

• 

76 Messages

7 years ago

That's not what was explained to us by the salesman at the AT&T store.
This was back in early 2016. Everything was done as what he told us to
do. An extra line was put on. Everything was done as we were told to
do by the salesman. AT&T is just not doing what they promised to do at
the time. I have found this all over the internet, about AT&T doing
this to customers. You don't sound like you work for AT&T, so you
probably don't know for sure. But thanks for your thoughts.

Scholar

• 

76 Messages

7 years ago

That's not what was explained to us by the salesman at the AT&T store.
This was back in early 2016. Everything was done as what he told us to
do. An extra line was put on. Everything was done as we were told to
do by the salesman. AT&T is just not doing what they promised to do at
the time. I have found this all over the internet, about AT&T doing
this to customers. You don't sound like you work for AT&T, so you
probably don't know for sure. But thanks for your thoughts.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

7 years ago

@A5417351791

The Bogo offers were simple 

You add a new line to ATT

Buy 2 phones of the same brand on installments.

after 3 months credits will be applied against the new line for 1/30 or 1/24 of the allowed credit, usually $650.  But the GS7 has varied from $595 to $695, depending on when they were purchased.

Both phones will be billed for the entire time.  Credits are placed on the account.    If you cancel a line or pay off the phone on the new line, the credits stop.  You wrote your son paid off his phone, this is probably why. Sample of Bogo requirements... image.png

1 Attachment

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.