For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Legionnairez's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Wednesday, February 15th, 2017 8:32 PM

Using qualifying DirectTV for unlimited mobile data

Hello,

I have a family member with qualifying DirectTV service and have previously applied it to our mobility account for unlimited data. Every month, I get messages about how they have removed our unlimited data and moved us to 20gb again. I've been calling every month to get this clarified and keep unlimited active. This passed month, I've just been busy and I've been charged at the higher rate of 20gb, this is really frustrating.

Can there be anything done to keep the account information in order and keep me at the unlimited without me having to call every month and get it corrected. Let me also add, that since this has been in effect, and I've been calling every month, the customer service reps have been getting progressively less helpful and don't seem to want to understand the situation. Please let me know if there are questions.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Legionnairez Starting yesterday, the DirecTV plan is NOT required, so the addresses do NOT need to match any more.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Legionnairez wrote:

I have a family member with qualifying DirectTV service and have previously applied it to our mobility account for unlimited data. Every month, I get messages about how they have removed our unlimited data and moved us to 20gb again.

Your DIrecTV and Cell phone account must have EXACTLY the same address or they won't let you keep the unlimited plan. ARE THEY IDENTICAL?

The names shouldn't need to match but the address needs to be identical.

I'd think you could change both addresses on line.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

I was told by the sales rep that the billing address must match but the service address doesn't. And the being address matched perfectly.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

7 years ago

Why would billing and service address be different?   

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Legionnairez wrote:
I was told by the sales rep that the billing address must match but the service address doesn't. And the being address matched perfectly.

Make them all match and give it another try and see if it sticks.

PLEASE let us know if that turns out to be the issue.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

As of tomorrow there will be a new unlimited plan with no qualifiers such as DTV or Uverse tv. Same price as current unlimited plan. Enjoy!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

That's awesome!!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

I don't want service at my house, no one here is interested in it, so it's ordered for my father, who loves his TV watching.

The issue after another hour on the phone with customer service is that there was a switch from Uverse to DTV. The account numbers didn't make sense to them, as there wasn't a current uverse customer with that account number and directv reps couldn't locate the account with an account number that doesn't mesh with their system. I don't personally get it but that's what I'm told.

But they figured it out eventually and the final time I called, I was already placed back on the unlimited plan. Neat!

Thank you everyone for your help and advise. I'll wait and see if the problem persists next month.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Not sure if I answered this one and phone is being wonky.

The billing addresses match perfectly. The clause is that the service address doesn't have to be the same. Nor does the account name for instance my sister could order it and have the service installed where ever, and as long as the billing address matches, we're good.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you for the help and advise. Seems they've worked it out. Hopefully it sticks. If not I'll ask about the no need for DTV service method.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.