For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Allyoopz's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Friday, July 22nd, 2016 4:52 PM

Unlimited Data Plan + Direct TV

I ordered this bundle for Direct TV and Unlimited Data through AT&T an hour and a half ago. They promised to bundle home internet at 75mbs as well and gave me a price quote for the entire bundle. I said great, go ahead and gave them a deposit. Then, they transfered me to U-Verse to set up the internet installation. Turns out, U-Verse doesn't service my area, so they connected me to Direct TV. They also do not service my area. So, I'm already set up with Internet, TV and Unlimited data, but AT&T cannot provide the internet service. So, I called AT&T back just to find out how much the Unlimited data plus Direct TV alone without the internet would cost and have now been transfered to TEN different people who seem totally unable to understand what I am saying. It has been over an hour. I am still on hold. They can apparently sell this to you but can't deliver the services. Nor apparently can they comprehend what the cost of the services they sell you amounts to. This is beyone absurd.

I have now been transfered twelve times and been on the phone for over two hours. Still can't seem to find a competant person. Seriously, why can't SOMEONE at At&t simply tell me how much this Unlimited data plus Direct TV bundle will cost me? it seems a very easy question.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Still waiting ...

ACE - Sage

• 

117.4K Messages

8 years ago

The reason for offering unlimited data with Direct TV is the satellite TV service can work anywhere you have a southern exposure and both will work where there is no avalable broadband internet or cable TV. 

The only requirement for the unlimited data plan is that you have TV service with ATT.

You only need to price direct TV

unlimited data plan is more simple.   $60 for the plan. Each line is $40, the 4th line is free after 3 months.  Tablets are $10 or $40 depending on how much data.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

OK, so is that $60 for the entire plan because we had something for 4 lines already with 15GB of data. Does that then make our total AT&T bill $180 for the cell phones then $50 for the Direct TV (because that's what we were originally told)? That would make it $230 for the entire bundle?

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

@Allyoopz That sounds about right for the lines (plus tax/fees) likely does not include actual phones and I know they have $50 DirectTV plans plus tax fees (but I don't know that's the plan you have).

When solved / helped, please mark your question as solved by clicking "Accept solution". This helps other people to find an answer more quickly.

This is the AT&T community forum (not AT&T support), we cannot look up your plan.

(I updated this answer since I based my original answer on the 15GB plan you mentioned and not the unlimited plan).

ACE - Sage

• 

117.4K Messages

8 years ago

The direct TV package is $50 as long as you didn't add a lot to it.  What I've seen posted here is its $68 with all tax and equipment fees.  

The unlimited data plan for 4 lines will be $220 for the first 3 months, the a credit of $120 issued and the regular bill will be $180.   To be clear, that is for smartphones.  If one of the 4 lines is a basic phone, it is $25, not free.  This is SERVICE only.  If you buy new phones on installments, you bill goes up.

Im a big fan of buying phones at full price to keep the bill low.  Haven't bought an ATT branded phone in a while.  Plenty of flagship quality phones at half the price out there now.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

@Allyoopz Just to make sure...!

With that unlimited plan you know you will NOT be able to tether / hotspot your tablet or laptop through your cell connection, right?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

I never even knew that was possible to do so I won't miss it.

They finally got back to me with the cost after over two and a half hours on the phone. Ridiculously atrocious customer service and terribly incompetent representatives. They came back with a price of $308 including taxes, a far cry from what they initially promised and that's WITHOUT the home internet included. Unbelievable.

Now I'll be stuck paying an additional $60 per month to Verizon for the internet service. That's a grand total of $368, which is $38 more than I initially expected to pay and we'll have cable TV forced down our throats that we don't even want. Not sure that's worth it just to get unlimited data that they'll slow down to a crawl (2mps) after we reach 20gbs anyway. We have 15gbs now and I'm not sure our phones will even be usable at that point. Plus, this is only what they're all promising now, before the service even starts. I've noticed most of the time the bills creep up higher once you're enrolled. After the one year "introductory rates" from both Verizon and Direct TV are up (since to get the stupid deal with AT&T I now need to contract with TWO additional companies as well) I'll be stuck with an additional $40-$50 I'm sure but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

Well the thing about tethering is some people think it's a means to do On Demand and such with DirecTV but it isn't.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

@Allyoopz Your Unlimited internet does NOT slow to a crawl when you hit 22GB, you get a lower priority and then "After 22GB of data usage on a line in a bill cycle, AT&T may slow data speeds on that line when the network is congested. If congestion ends or you move to an uncongested site, speed will no longer be affected." *

If there aren't people with a higher priority during congestion, you likely won't notice a difference. There are many people who say that they don't see a difference.  On some forums you'll see people mention that they're using over 100MB per line per month (sometimes someone will say more), they're certainly not doing this if they're getting slowed down to a crawl...

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Wow Ace,his point was they sold him internet and can't provide it.Same thing happened to me.So he has to have them change his contract Ace.Due to Att agreement with FCC they were supposed to provide internet service to most of the rural areas they didn't before the merger as they promised me 3 yrs ago almost.But have not complied even closely to the agreement.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.