For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Stepvoss's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, June 10th, 2016 4:15 AM

Union discount

I just switched cell service to AT&T. Gave the sales guy at the physical store my union card. All set for the small discount. 

Get an email demanding I fill out a "Customer Acknowledgement and Authorization Form."  Sigh. dig out a pay stub and a card. Get my Fax machine set up (it had been acting up). 

Fax to 877-712-5791 -- the number in bold on the bottom of the form.

That number will not accept my fax and a recorded voice asks me to enter a pin. 

As the kids say, "What the....?"  ({edited for word filter evasion} How considerate.)

Called 611.  They have no idea.  Google the phone number, find this forum and a link in a previous answer to enroll HERE. Click that link. It won't let me because my email address is not on their list.

I will go to a physical store. Again. Having just wasted nearly an hour. 

This is why I spent the last decade with Verizon. I only came back to AT&T because there is no reception in my new office building. 

While every person I've spoken with has been lovely, the systems are not designed to maximize customer service.  If you could pass this along to a manager, I'd appreciate it.

Feel better now that I've let it out.  

If someone actually reads this and can hook me up with a working fax number or an email that would accept a scan, please let me know.

Otherwise, I'll muddle through in the physical word.

Thanks.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

Don't go back to the same store.  Try a different one.

Or call 611 and ask for retention and see if someone there can help you.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.