For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
huahua123123's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Tuesday, October 8th, 2019 2:03 PM

Stop using Prepaid account but receiving due amount

Hi, I had a prepaid account and I want to cancel this account when I left US. I was told that I can just stop paying the bill and the account will be automatically canceled. But I received an email saying I had a 200 dollar due amount. Should I just ignore this and wait for AT&T to cancel the account? I just do not want to ruin my credit and do not know what to do now since I left US and can not go to the store to cancel the account. Million thanks to anyone who can help me. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

Are you sure you are prepaid? There is no prepaid plan that costs $200, it is not possible to owe $200 unless you are the owner of a multiline plan. Anyway, if you really do have prepaid, ignore the email. Prepaid accounts do automatically close if you stop paying. Not paying will not impact your credit.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Hi thanks for your reply. It seems that At&t is adding $66.56 past due amount each month. Does this mean a postpaid account or a prepaid account? Sorry I am a little bit confused. Million thanks!Screen Shot 2019-10-08 at 10.15.58 PM.jpg

1 Attachment

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

5 years ago

NOT prepaid. You have a postpaid account.  

The only way to cancel a post paid account is to either port the numbers out, or call AT&T and cancel service. 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

OMG. Thanks for your help. Do I have to call on my own? Can others do it for me? Do I still need to pay for the bill in this case? I thought I got a prepaid account.... 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

You need to call and yes, you do still owe that bill and ATT will ding your credit if you don’t pay.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks a lot. Do I have to call myself? Can my friend who is in US right
now call instead?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

If your friend can provide the account security pin and convince them they are the account owner, yes. If they say they are calling on your behalf and they are not an authorized user of your account, ATT won’t talk to them.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.