For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
AMcQueen16's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, May 18th, 2015 1:36 AM

Closed

Can I recover and retrieve deleted text messages?

I deleted text messages between a friend and I back in February. However, a few days after I deleted them, he died. I would really like to be able to read these text messages again to remember him. Is there any way I can receive print outs of these texts? Maybe by contacting AT&T? Any other ways?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @AMcQueen16

I’m sorry for your loss. I’m afraid that if the messages have been deleted from the device, there would not be any way to recover them, unless a backup service such as AT&T Messages Backup & Sync was used.  Try signing in here with your AT&T Access ID.

Thanks,

Charise

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

From what I've read, there doesn't seem to be an easy to retrieve a text message after its been deleted. Because of how deleting items works, there is a slight possibility they could be retrieved using forensic software assuming you haven't done anything with the phone since deleting the texts.

The only thing ATT can offer is a list of who sent the text, and when it was sent. That can be accessed though your account.

There are many places online that say they can retrieve deleted items, but those cost money and there's a very slight chance that it will work.

Sorry for your loss mate.

• 

1 Message

How can I recover who sent the text and when if I deleted the message chain?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Would that service have to have been in effect when text was sent or is this something you can sign up for today and retrieve old deleted text? thanks

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I want to retrieved text massages that were delete it by mistake from this number [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.] Hope u can help me with this problem. Thank you

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

How can I retrieve deleted text messages from my phone. I have a court case in effect. I need the messages to us for my defense.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Hey did you ever figure out how to do this, I am in the same boat

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Don't worry, generally speaking, the deleted sms were still saved on your phone, you can use an app to detect them on computer, try Coolmuster Android Data Recovery, it could detect your lost sms and get them back.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I deleted text from my baby daddy and no I dont have his number so I would like to go back to deleted sent text msgs. Does anyone know If there is a way to get back all old txt ove tried backing up my phone or resetting it I get some old txt but not the ones I'm looking for. 

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I don't know if anyone can help me, I have an iPhone XS but I accidentally deleted a bunch of texts on Wednesday from my Mom that I wanted to keep. I restored my phone by mistake to an old old backup from like 2014 on Wednesday night. However, some of my texts came through from before somehow. Also, all of my apps ended up coming back as well. The backup I made before I restored the phone and deleted the texts was on Tuesday. Today, I restored it from the Tuesday backup, thinking that I would be able to get all the texts back. It has been restored now and the messages are still not showing that got deleted, but others are. Is there any way to get them from ATT? Or does anyone have any advice for me? It's odd because my voicemails from Tuesday and before got back on my phone and my other texts, but not the deleted ones. 

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.