For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
wcheeeeel's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, July 8th, 2016 3:54 AM

Port Main Account Holder Out of AT&T

Hi,

We're on a family mobile share plan with 4 lines. The main account holder wants to port his number to a different carrier due to work. Under our bill, the mobile share data 10gb plan is listed under his number. How do we port only his number, but keep the other 3 lines with AT&T and not change any of our service/plans/features? We also have an employee discount from one of the other 3 members lines. How do we proceed without messing up our current bill charges? I want to keep everything as is, but port out the main holder's number to another carrier. Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

1.1K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @wcheeeeel, porting out the "main" number of the Mobile Share group will simply make another number the main number. It's all handled automatically. And as far as the employee discount goes, you won't need to do anything either. It will automatically move to the other line since it will have the main plan portion.

If you are concerned and want to be double sure, you can call customer care and ask that they change the primary number in your Mobile Share group to another number, but I asure you, it does happen on its own. 🙂

Hope this helps,

Justin

If this solved your problem, please consider accepting this as the solution so that it can help others in the future. Please remember that this is a customer forum and all of the answers we provide are through our own research, experience, or personal knowledge.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

You probably need to transfer everything to one of the other users names first (preferrably the one with the discount since that's how the discount is supposed to work).  

Here's the transfer link https://www.att.com/tobr/tobrHomePage.rt

Then port out the one person's line out who is leaving.

This is my best guess, I've never needed to do this.  

When solved / helped, please mark your question as solved by clicking "Accept solution". This helps other people to find an answer more quickly.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.