Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
Kforz75's profile

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

Wednesday, May 31st, 2017 10:22 PM

Overcharged Bill

I'm so disgusted with ATT at the moment. A rep had me change my bill to a new service promising it would he cheaper. I already had an unlimited plan and was moving to the new one. So other then cost saving, there was zero reason to do it. I asked the advisor originally to go line by line on the bill and add it up before I would move. We'll when I got my first bill it ended up being about 40 dollars more then I was promised. Needless to say I was really disappointed and I called to dispute. They apologized and said they would retro back as if the change never occurred which sounded great. But then when I get my adjusted bill it was now about 100 dollars more then the original 40 over charge. I've called 4 times and every time I'm told there's nothing they can do as it was handed over to a resolution team. Each time I'm told I will get a call back yet that was over a month ago. Really disappointing as I'd never had an issue before. But the sales rep either blatantly lied to me or made a mistake. Either way, it cost me money and I'm sick of calling. I have no problem paying what I owe, but when I'm charged more then promised and then the "fix" cost me even more that's unacceptable. At this point, if I don't get a call back, I may just leave as another service will cover my cost to move and I'd take the Dtv, Internet and security I currently have through ATT. Again, it's just really frustrating to be lied to and then have them just disregard it.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Kforz75.  I guess your not telling us everything that's  on the bill then, insurance or subscriptions, whatever.... because at $145 for 2 lines, the new plan is cheaper than the $190 you pay for the old plan.  

You want a lower bill, take the padding out of your old plan.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

7 years ago

They were att sales reps... I didn't trust they would be sure. It said nothing in the notice I received that I would lose my corporate discount. I was just being cautious because without the discount the price wouldn't have made sense. So I asked several times so that he would check with others.... Which he did and they all said I wouldn't lose it. 

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

7 years ago

If you looked at all of my responses, I mentioned I went thru line by line with the rep (insurance, phones, etc).  The bottom line is I was paying 190 a month.  I was told switching would save me money and the bill went up to 240. My corporate discount is a huge one (28%). He said that not only would I keep my discount but it would be appljed to they larger plan dollar, in turn being cheaper. That was a lie. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Kforz75 We COMPLETELY understand the info he gave you was wrong. There is no discount other than Military/Veteran. We all understand that. We also get that you are unhappy you got the bad information. You don't need to keep telling us this.

On one hand, you're saying the price for the new plan added up correctly added up to $240. That seems like a lot. Even with 28% off the whole plan (which isn't how they do it), it still would have been more than the $190.  Something doesn't seem like it adds up.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

7 years ago

I keep saying it cause people keep asking questions and its really easy....I was overcharged and they messed up...nothing more. I am only repeating myself cause there is not some mistake on the bill other then the way I was quoted was wrong and I was not allowed to keep my discount that I was PROMISED I could keep. Then on top of that, the "fix" they did cost me even more. In response to you, it doesn't add up because short of me listing every line item of my bill, you only have the basic plan info (you don't have my phone payment, my insurance, taxes in Chicago, etc). All I was hoping is that this post would be seen by an ATT rep and that they would possibly reach out. Im not looking for you to resolve my bill as you don't have anything to look at.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.3K Messages

7 years ago

@Kforz75 wrote:
I keep saying it cause people keep asking questions and its really easy....I was overcharged and they messed up...nothing more. I am only repeating myself cause there is not some mistake on the bill other then the way I was quoted was wrong and I was not allowed to keep my discount that I was PROMISED I could keep. Then on top of that, the "fix" they did cost me even more. In response to you, it doesn't add up because short of me listing every line item of my bill, you only have the basic plan info (you don't have my phone payment, my insurance, taxes in Chicago, etc). All I was hoping is that this post would be seen by an ATT rep and that they would possibly reach out. Im not looking for you to resolve my bill as you don't have anything to look at.

Of course we don't have that detail; that's why we ask questions. 

As you should be able to tell, the folks at this customer-based forum are often more knowledgeable about the plan details, etc. If you give us the whole story, we can probably help you figure out why your bill is what it is and if there is a mistake on AT&T's part or you were simply given bad information. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Kforz75 wrote:
I keep saying it cause people keep asking questions and its really easy....I was overcharged and they messed up...nothing more. I am only repeating myself cause there is not some mistake on the bill other then the way I was quoted was wrong and I was not allowed to keep my discount that I was PROMISED I could keep.

I don't see anyone asking any questions about this the discount. I think everyone understands this.

No one said they didn't believe you and the first responder said the same thing happened. 

You weren't overcharged, you were incorrectly under-quoted. You even said it adds up correctly.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

7 years ago

I don't need help explaining, I wish it was that easy 🙂  Maybe I misunderstood what the forum could be used for. I was just venting, hoping att scans as a tool to reach out and help or lastly, just to see if others have issues with customer service (that part seems to he ackowledged). Buy if that's not the case, I'm sorry I wasted people's time with my post.  I know what the issue is and how to read my bill. It was as I posted, just an att error and blow off that no one other then att can fix. 
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.