For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
bmheart's profile

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

Monday, September 2nd, 2019 4:41 PM

New Sim blocked and suspended

I bought a travel sim 2 days ago when I arrived in Santa Barbara. It doesn't work and the sales staff were unable to help. I can't call 611 because I get the message that wireless is temporarily suspended, and when I try to phone anyone else I get the message "you have dialed a number that is blocked for your plan". I'm very annoyed because I can't use my phone at all and have paid for no service. Please help.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

I bought it at AT&T Santa Barbara.  They told me initially that I would get 8gb but then said "oh, you get 10gb". Maybe they sold me the wrong thing?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

5 years ago

@bmheart wrote:

I bought it at AT&T Santa Barbara.  They told me initially that I would get 8gb but then said "oh, you get 10gb". Maybe they sold me the wrong thing?

Yes.   There is no 10 gig phone plan.  

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you!  I'm going to have something to say to the Santa Barbara staff at AT&T later today.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

5 years ago

Love to know what they have to say for themselves. 🤨.  I mean really. 😳

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

So, it looks like they've sold me the wrong sim, and a non-staff member spotted the problem. The staff at Santa Barbara told me I'd get 8Gb but when it was installed they said 'oh! you've gove 10Gb. It must have been changed." Looks like they don't know their own products. A kind user told me there is no 10Gb plan for phone, text and data, and that 10Gb is for data only which, presumably, is why FaceTime worked but nothing else would. Not impressed.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

I'll be sure you let you know. 🙂

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

Just had my friend call the store to make sure they're actually open today (they weren't yesterday). They're in a staff meeting and probably won't be available at the time he can take me there. It just gets worse by the hour.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

5 years ago

Yeah, right.  Sounds like code for we don’t answer the phones.  😖

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

Since it's apparently the wrong sim card, I don't see how that will help. Have you read the other posts by a user who seems to have highlighted the problem?

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

They were most apologetic and fixed the problem. Thank you for doing what nobody at AT&T seemed able to do - i.e. diagnosing the problem. You should be on the payroll. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.