For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
tho10mas's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, June 24th, 2017 7:04 PM

I would not recommend AT&T to anyone again

They sold me a phone that was only 16 gig. I didn't realize it was that limited and they refused to help me at all. No support for this issue. Even the customer reps said they should have explained the limitations for such an expensive phone.

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

You do realize that ALL phones by ALL manufacturers on ALL carriers are advertised with a storage capacity that is not the same as FREE space on the device. You buy a 16 gigabyte Samsung device on Verizon....it's going to have about 7.5 gigs of free user space. This is standard in the entire electronics and computing industry. A Dell computer advertised with a 500 gigabyte hard drive with have less than that due to overhead. All devices have overhead. The operating system, built in functions and apps, etc take up space. That's how it is.

Phones have a set amount of storage that is advertised and printed in their specifications. Refused to help you with what exactly?

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@tho10mas I dunno, the salesperson sells you a car that only seats 4 people and you need 6, it's kind up to you to mention your requirements.

I've got a buddy who always gets the smallest phone and never has any problems, it's all what YOU plan to do with it.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

Just make sure you tell everyone why your mad at ATT.  You got 3 reactions to it right here.  

The industry standard return period is 14 days.  All carriers.  

Storage capacity is printed on the box, and in the information in the store and online.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

No the car analogy does not work -- apples and oranges. Listen I realize that I was ultimately responsible. I just didn't know at the time what I would've needed... that is why I turned to her for guidance. I was looking for a little counseling maybe . I told the salesperson that I knew nothing about the smart phone -- this was a few years ago. she was supposed to be my advocate at that point. She understood I was going to be taking pictures so U would think she understood I would need at least 32G. You would think she would advise me to look at something with a little more storage -- don't you think ? Even the AT&T phone reps later agreed - she should have mentioned it. Again, Ultimately it's my fault -- I understand that... it is just the way they handled my request that really concerned me.
I really do appreciate your input - thanks

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

"I just didn't know at the time what I would've needed"

She's a sales person, not a physic. Nobody knows how you will use your phone but you.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@tho10mas wrote:
I was looking for a little counseling maybe . I told the salesperson that I knew nothing about the smart phone -- this was a few years ago. she was supposed to be my advocate at that point. 

I got that, but it seems like you've been good for a few years. Have you deleted your photos from the phone to free up space?  (Making a backup first!)

Different people have different needs, maybe the 16GB was more than enough for them...

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

I'm still not understanding the "no support for this issue" remark. What kind of support were you expecting? They obviously can't  increase the storage space on your phone. Were you expecting them to let you swap for a different phone?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Yeah I understand Gary, I have been able to take all my pictures and rotate my podcasts. I place pictures on the PC or the cloud. Amazing how fast storage fills up. Now I know:-). Thanks for responding sir.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@tho10mas Keep in mind your next phone will likely take even larger photos and video, so even doubling the storage might not be enough.

I have 128GB iPhone 7+ and wish I'd gotten the 256GB...

Most of that is photos, videos and photo/video related apps. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

Actually most 16 gig android phones may come with an SD card slot which can hold media like music and photos.  Iphones have always been fixed storage, no SD card slot.  

These days expensive phones ($650 and up) come with a minimum of 32 gigs.  Many are fixed storage.  Anything under $300 is probably a 16 gig phone. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.