For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
namitutonka's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, April 17th, 2014 3:47 AM

I regret buying an AT&T subsidized phone

Been a long time AT&T customer. Finally upgraded to my first smartphone last week. A $0.00 subsidized refurbished Samsung S4. Last week AT&T sent me a message that the estimeted shipping date would be no later than April 18th. Today, April 16th, I got an email and a test message saying this order has been backordered, and will be cancelled if not filled within the next 30 days. I bought a Urban Armor Gear case for $34 already, after I received the email/text that my Samsung S4 was going to be shipped by April 18th.

Also, I would advise people always to go to a brick and mortar AT&T store to purchace a new phone. I founk out after the fact that had I fully paid for a phone that was AT&T compatible elsewhere, I could have saved $15/month simply by switching my sim card to the new phone. Now, IF I GET THE S4, I will have to pay $180 more per year because I purchased a subsidized AT&T phone.

I had the opportunity to get an S$ in very good shape for $150, which would have saved me $30 the first year, and $180 per year for every subsequent year.

If you are planning on upgrading your AT&T phone, please save yourself some money and do it your way and not AT&T's way.

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

10 years ago

You may be in luck.  Since your new phone has been back-ordered, you can call them and cancel the upgrade order, then "upgrade your way" after all and save yourself the money.  I would say that you should be happy that your phone back-ordered giving you a chance to realize that you could purchase another route and save yourself even more money.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.