For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
smartnesskills's profile

Mentor

• 

226 Messages

Tuesday, March 29th, 2016 6:31 PM

I bought a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge ...

I bought a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge and at first it said unknown device but it now has my old S5 on the my att app and my att on the web. And when I went in to my local AT&T store and loaded up the my AT&T app and it at that time had my S7 edge listed. When I got home I checked just to look and it was back to my S5. So my question is should I worry about it? Everything on my phone works.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

8 years ago

Hello @smartnesskills

Having a wrong device listed on the account can potentially cause issues in the future, with device unlock or trade in. It's a good idea to have it corrected now to avoid any complications later. We'll be happy to help you with that! Please send us a private message by clicking here. Please include your full name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

8 years ago

Something weird going on with ATT's website. When I go to att.com>myATT>overview, my device is shown as unknown. But if I then click on "check upgrade eligibility" or "how to use your device", the correct device is displayed.

Mentor

• 

226 Messages

8 years ago

Well when I am not on home wifi or on the local cell tower it shows my current S7 edge. But when I am back home it mostly says the s5 but sometimes says the s7 edge.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.