For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
BrokeBeatScar's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, March 16th, 2019 1:05 PM

How to determine the better discount without changing plans beforehand?

Currently, we have two lines and my wife has a USPS 25% discount. I just learned about the First Responder discount, which I would be eligible for.  Our bill looks like the following...

bill.jpg

My issue is, we have a plan no longer available. We have 10GB shared data. If I switch things to see the price and it's higher, we will lose 1GB since the current offering is 9GB shared. I know that the First Responder is for unlimited, but at the moment, I am more looking for "out the door" price comparisons. The gal at the AT&T store said that my wife's discount is off the shared data plan only and the First Responder discount is off of the entire bill which would make it cheaper and give us unlimited data. Is that true? I can't see anything that indicates the First Responder discount is off the entire bill. It appears to be off the unlimited & more data plan, which would mean the bill would most likely go up.

The way I see it is I would go from $113/month to about $150/month.

Is my math correct?
$125/month for unlimited & more - 25% = $93.75 + $40 (phone charges) = $133.75 + $16.76 (taxes/fees) = $150.51

IF the FR discount is off the entire plan the total would be $136.32

1 Attachment

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.4K Messages

5 years ago

The first responder plan is the unlimited and more plans, not the current plan you show.  So a more expensive plan, but a bigger discount.  

The first responders plan has 25% off data and line fees.

The USPS discount is not applicable to the unlimited plan.  

Your math:

$125/month for unlimited & more - 25% = $93.75 + $40 (phone charges). Do you mean installments?   Installments are not discounted.  If you added as line fees, NO.  

The $125 is data ($75) and line fees ($35 each)   Less auto pay discount ($20).  

➡️➡️➡️145 less 25% (36.25) less $20 =88.75 ⬅️⬅️⬅️

= $133.75 + $16.76 (taxes/fees) = $150.51

IF the FR discount is off the entire plan the total would be $136.32

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

In my attached image above there is a $20 fee for each line for LTE/VVM. Is that installments or line fees? I don't know. I just called it phone fees. 

Anyway, thank you for your reply and if I am reading it correctly it looks like the total monthly bill would be $88 and we'd have unlimited data so definitely sounds like a better deal 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.4K Messages

5 years ago

@BrokeBeatScar wrote:

In my attached image above there is a $20 fee for each line for LTE/VVM. Is that installments or line fees? I don't know. I just called it phone fees. 

Those are line access fees, which are $35 on the new plan.  

Installments are specifically listed as you paying monthly payments on a phone purchase, you did not show installments in the photo.

Anyway, thank you for your reply and if I am reading it correctly it looks like the total monthly bill would be $88 and we'd have unlimited data so definitely sounds like a better deal 

Yes.   That plan has limitations the ‘premium’ plan does not, but you can change any time if you want the hotspot or are reprioritized too often.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.