For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
naranjaelem's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, July 12th, 2015 1:28 AM

How do I get these numskulls to solve my problem?

I had called previously to settle the following problem but the tech hung up be for the problem. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THIS PROBLEM IS SOLVE NOW!

I have now been wating 30 minutes for them to establish a secure connection for a on-line chat.

Hello! How may I help you today?

AT&T: Please wait while a secure chat connection is established.

AT&T: Thank you for your patience. Please continue to wait.

Me: I am in Hong Kong. My phone is turned off. I am calling from another HK phone. How can I access my voicemail. I get a message that my phone is disconnected.

Danny S: Hello! My name is Danny and I am an International Care Representative, it will be my pleasure to assist you tonight. May I have your name and your 10-digit wireless number?

Me: Ralph

Danny S: Thank you, Ralph! How may I assist you tonight?

Me: I am in Hong Kong. My phone is turned off. I am calling from another HK phone. How can I access my voicemail. I get a message that my phone is disconnected.

Danny S: Okay, does it give any sort of error code when you call into your number? And just in case, what dialing pattern were you using when calling your number?

Me: I had my son call from the states and he gets the same error voice message I get from HK. I checked the bill is paid. Was my phone disconnected I turned it on once but have since damaged (dropped it). I pulled the battery since screen is un readable.

Me: I used the same dialing pattern to make other calls to the states.

Danny S: The line does show as active, so it hasn't been suspended. It's possible that the last carrier it was attached to does not support forwarding calls to voicemail, and it may have hung on that when it was damaged, but let me check through the details on it.

Me: My son called the number from Miami and got the same error message. He uses AT&T also.

Danny S: Okay, checking through, it does look like a hung registration, so I'm going to try to cancel the registration.

Me: Thanks!

Danny S: You're welcome! It should only take a moment to process; once it does so, let's see if it clears it up.

Danny S: Okay, the registration has been canceled, and I also noticed something else, there seems to be a mismatch between the phone being a Samsung or a Motorola, which could be affecting the line. Which type is it? And there should be an IMEI on the label in the battery compartment, could you provide me that?

Me: It's Samsung, I had the sim in a Motorola but it's back in the Samsung S5 Active.

Danny S: Thank you, let me make sure the correct IMEI is in the system.

Danny S: Okay, that's updated. Try to call it once more, and let me know if it goes through to it.

Me: k

Me: error message "Sorry the number you dialed is not a working number.... "

Me: Does the Samsung Phone have to be on?

Danny S: Okay, so it wasn't the hung registration or the mismatch, let me check through the details again to see if anything else at all looks out of place. And it wouldn't need to, since while the device is powered off, it's supposed to automatically send calls to voicemail; that error means that there's something along the line that's interrupting it.

Me: Thanks that's what I thought.

Danny S: You're welcome, and I tried resetting the voicemail routing. don't worry, that won't affect your voicemails, but may help get it through. Everything does look okay though. But give it just one more try for me, in case that reset helped fix the connection.

Me: k

Me: same error axe1

Danny S: Okay, in that case, do you have access to another phone there that could accept AT&T SIM cards? I want to have the interface with the SIM checked, just in case the damage to the phone extended to it, and is not visible on the account itself.

Me: I have the Motorola Moto

Danny S: Okay, first make sure that the data roaming is off in the Moto, then power it down and try to insert the SIM into it, then power it back on. By the way, which was the IMEI of the Moto?

Me: 

Me: phone has att sim booted up says Smar Tone HK

Danny S: Okay, let me test the connection. It will just take a moment.

Danny S: Okay, it does look like the SIM is working properly. Go ahead and place it on airplane mode, and we'll see if the current registration allows the call from the local phone to be sent to voicemail now.

Me: Airplane mode set

Danny S: Okay, and did it give the same error when you tried to call it from the local phone?

Thank you for chatting with us today. The agent has left this conversation. For further questions, please click the chat button located on the right side of the screen.

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi there @naranjaelem

I’m sorry to hear that you have been unable to access your voicemail!

It seems like due to the SIM switch, the voicemail service has temporarily been put into an inactive state. When swapping between devices, this will occur and requires re-setting up the voicemail service. Your unheard and saved messages would not be affected. Are you currently still in the Hong Kong area?

Thanks,

Charise

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.