For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
hkpga1's profile

Teacher

• 

52 Messages

Sunday, November 27th, 2016 1:15 AM

Good Luck

Everyone not getting services that were suppose to be included AT&T, well GOOD LUCK!!! I have been with AT&T for 1 month and just yesterday I found out the

• NFL Ticket promo I was suppose to ge expired last month, but I started last month.
  • My first bill is $53 more than I was told 
  • Have tracking for my returned phone showing delivered and they say they have not record or them being delivered on 11/4

So I am pretty sure they will find a way to screw me out of the Swich over credits I was suppose to get. I am thinking they expect me to honor my 3 year agreement and they have already back out of 3 or their 4 in 1 month. IF YOU KNOW OF ANYONE THINKING ABOUT GOING WITH THIS COMPANY......TELL THEM THINK AGAIN!!! 

My company was getting ready to move 8 lines from Sprint to AT&T but I managed to head that off, so will not be moving. Pretty sure with the customer service help I have received trying to get this mess straight AT&T really does not care. Below is part of the original online transcript from Steve at AT&T for my order on 10/21.

Harry : What would be the option for 2 - iPhone 7's with 2-3GB data shared?
Steve : Also I can build an estimated for you
Harry : That would be great
Steve : if you port in your line to AT&T and get (or already have) directv you will receive an iPhone or a Galaxy s7 for free, you will receive up to $650 credits for you to pay your early termination fee, installments program or leasing program, and the balance with your lines there, also you can apply to the unlimited data plan, and to give you the welcome to our family you will get the NFL ticket for 2 years for Free!!!
Harry : So we could use our same numbers?
Steve : You can port your numbers 🙂
Harry : So one iphone 7 would be free and what is the cost on the other to lease?
Steve : Yes one iPhone 7 32GB will be free
Steve : And I am going to make the estimated now 🙂
Harry : Thanks
Steve : How much data do you usually use each month?
Harry : 2-3gb
Steve : Perfect
Steve : Your monthly bill will be $101.67, This includes your monthly installments of your phone in the AT&T Next plan ( $21.67every month), plus your Data plan of 3GB ($40) and the access charge ($20 each phone every month)

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

So what is the $53 bucks?   Prorated first month?   Activation fees?  Government Tax and fees?

Look at your bill.   

We see the "my first bill is too high" complaint all the time, it's usually explained on the bill.

And the second bill?

typically not included in quotes:

1.   tax and fees average about $5 per line

2.   $20 per line, one time activation fee.

3.   Promotional phone sales like the free iPhone are often not credited until month 2-3.  

First bill is for a partial first month and full current month, usually includes items 1 and 2.  

Teacher

• 

52 Messages

7 years ago

Nope, I did not count those. Took out $20x2 and the taxes ($12.72) and the free phone charge of  $21.37 which will credit back in 2-3 months and a couple extra service charges and there is $53 left. This is by far the smallest issue I have so far.

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

The rep did say "up to $650" in the chat so that doesn't mean it's going to be the full 650 dollars. Now as far as DirecTV or anything non-wireless related...I have no idea because I only work in wireless.

But the bill they estimated, that's right after the credits kick in. $40 + $20 +$20 + $21.67 before taxes. Doesn't include insurance if you opt for it nor does it include activation. Activation is $45.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@hkpga1   You did math, but nothing says you looked at your bill.  You can see it online or the My ATT app.  It details all charges.  The activation and taxes alone are more than $53.  

Again, look at the bill details.  

Teacher

• 

52 Messages

7 years ago

My total bill was $234???

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@hkpga1 wrote:
My total bill was $234???

That tells us and you NOTHING.  Please read th bill details.

How much for TV service.

How much for one time fees

How much tax and fees?

And for what time period is the bill?  One month, or a prorated month and a full current month?

Details explain it all.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@hkpga1 Wouldn't it be easier to just cut and paste in the bill? (like you did with the chat)

The numbers they gave in the chat make sense for the cellular.

The first month is wonky because you get (sometimes) up to two months of bills and activation fees. 

Do you have DirectTV?  You need DirectTV for the free phone. 

Did you trade a phone in?  You need that for the switcher credits; which are only a reimbursement of your cancelation fees (EITHER phone payments OR the ETF) but NOT exceeding $650.

Teacher

• 

52 Messages

7 years ago

Okay once again:

• I have DirectV - As far as the NFL Ticket, DirectV tells me I need to talk to AT&T. AT&T tells me I need to talk to DirectV and transfers me only to be tranferred back to AT&T. 
  • I am aware credits are not going to be $650. My credits should be somewhere around $500
  • They update showing NO RECORD of Trade In
  • Tracking shows delivered 11/4
  • The numbers they gave in chat is not an issue they are spot on NOT icluding Tax, activation fees, etc.
  • FREE phone not an issue

Now since everyone assumes I have not looked at bill, just to let you know a $80 adjustment has been applied to account and it is correct now.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.