Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Going back to iPhone

Highlighted
Tutor

Going back to iPhone

After 9 years of iPhone in November 2017 I upgraded to a Samsung S8.

10 months on, I just can't do it anymore and need to go back to iPhone.

I owe 22 installments of $25, so $550 on the S8.

Can I simply purchase an iPhone, go to ATT store, purchase and register a new sim and off we go?

I will want to sell the Samsung S8 so that I can apply the proceeds to the $550 that I still owe, will I or the buyer encounter any issues? Will I need to have it unlocked?

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by wilto1987
‎08-13-2018 6:53 AM

Re: Going back to iPhone

@wilto1987 wrote:

After 9 years of iPhone in November 2017 I upgraded to a Samsung S8.

10 months on, I just can't do it anymore and need to go back to iPhone.

I owe 22 installments of $25, so $550 on the S8.

Can I simply purchase an iPhone, go to ATT store, purchase and register a new sim and off we go?

Yes.  

I will want to sell the Samsung S8 so that I can apply the proceeds to the $550 that I still owe,

You would have to pay off the installments in lump sum as you can’t make partial payments.

will I or the buyer encounter any issues? Will I need to have it unlocked?

Once paid off you can unlock it.  It would have a higher resale value unlocked as the S8 is one of the few phones than can work perfectly with any major carrier.  (ATT, T mobile, Verizon or Sprint)  In fact I moved mine to Verizon.  It reprograms the phone as soon as a new sim is installed, to work perfectly and even boots with the other carriers boot screen.  (As you know it boots with the ATT globe now).  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Tutor

Re: Going back to iPhone

Thanks for the reply, things are much clearer now.

1. Pay the $550 so that I own the Samsung S8.

2. Get the S8 unlocked so that I can sell it after finding an iPhone.

3. Buy iPhone and sim, make sure that I like it (lol)

4. Sell S8

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support