For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Geedubyaache's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, June 5th, 2017 9:35 PM

Exact Data usage so far this cycle - how do I get it?

How can I ise my phone to obtain my exact data usage so far since the end of the previous cycle?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Geedubyaache You said "exact" for some reason (which caught my eye), using *DATA# gets you AT&T's count, which can be up to 72 hours old (longer if roaming).

I'd check my phone in the settings for more exact "live" usage.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Employee

• 

13 Messages

6 years ago

Here are some more ways to manage your data usage too.  Check out this support article with a video.

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1011301

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

Dial *3282# from your phone. You will get a text message in response with current data usage.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

7 years ago

@Geedubyaache wrote:
How can I ise my phone to obtain my exact data usage so far since the end of the previous cycle?

What brand and model of phone due you have?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

I have a Samsung Galaxy D7, and I think the answer to my own question is to "call" *3282#  aka *data#.  Seems to do the trick.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

You are so right, thank you very much. In settings it was slightly higher than the *data# figure that was texted back to me. G.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Tnx so much, life's good again.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

My children and I live in Harris County (Houston, TX) an area flooded due to Hurricane Harvey. My understanding was that there would not be any data overage charges until some time later in September 2017.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@The3ofus wrote:
My children and I live in Harris County (Houston, TX) an area flooded due to Hurricane Harvey. My understanding was that there would not be any data overage charges until some time later in September 2017.

http://about.att.com/story/waiving_overage_charges_for_customers_impacted_by_hurricane_harvey.html

Are they on your account which is billed to an area not effected?  

The credits are by billing zip code.  If they're billed in an effected zip code they will have fees waived.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

My IPad uses ATT, today my IPad has not be in use, but for some reason it's indicating I've used 5,888 Gigs and I have had numerous $10 charges.  I'm in Brenham, TX and my IPad is using the WIFI at The Ant Street Inn in Brenham, TX.  Please contact me asap at ***

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.