For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
suzonKB's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, January 9th, 2017 1:05 PM

How do I cancel my current cell phone plan with AT&T?

I am about to switch to a new cell phone carrier... How do I cancel my current cell phone plan with AT&T?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

7 years ago

Go to the new carrier and have them port your phone number. Porting the phone number closes the account. If you close the account before the number is ported, it will be lost, the account needs to be active to port the number.

The final bill will not be prorated so try to do the porting late in your billing cycle. Any obligations (NEXT plan or contract) become due when you port out.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I received a notice from AT&T saying I made a smart decision to protect my device when enrolled in AT&T Mobile Protection Pack. Bullcrap, I never did and never would pay such a monthly fee for a razor flip phone I have had for 9 years. Here is the snag. There is not a single means noted on the notice of it going up to $11.99/mo to call or refute such a scam. I have no interest in such as this and they know most do not or it would be simple to decline protection. I will go to any length to stick this where the sun don't shine. j.stiles@cablelynx.com

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.