For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Mikldaros's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, February 24th, 2018 6:31 PM

Att charged me 3000$ extra, over time on my plan. Anyone else?

I had a 3GS Apple iPhone with a plan I purchased when I got the phone.  I have an iPad so the phone is just a phone/answering machine. I was just told I paid 35 $ a month extra, because I never upgraded. No notifications by art to let me know my plan was obsolete.  I do accept half the blame, but att accepts none.  Just thank you for the 3000$ and see ya

ACE - Professor

• 

2.6K Messages

6 years ago

Are you saying that ATT over charged you because they never told you to update your wireless plan?

smh 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

Amazing.  You didn’t ask so it’s whose fault?   

It’s up to you to upgrade your phone or plan.  No one ripped you off as other carriers are the same.  All phones are sold at retail price, in other words, in addition to the plan, you pay for a new phone.  Phones are not included.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

6 years ago

Based on what you told us, you didn’t pay “extra.” You paid exactly what you agreed to for the service you chose. Is it AT&T’s fault you chose a plan more expensive than what you could have?

Just so you know, using a smart phone for nothing by talking is probably going to cost more than if you just used a flip phone on a prepaid plan. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

Geesh, one would have to live under a rock not to know there have been newer plans since 2009. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Of course, but they all seemed to include a new phone which I didn't need. And a flip phone is a joke, sorry that is only an opinion, I should have been more specific, I rarely use my phone when I have the iPad available. Since I have a phone line for the pad, thank you att, I can use it for gps.
A cable company notifies you of pending changes. What about this, company can notify long standing customers that it is time to call a representative about your plan. It just puts a bug in your ear and may promote user loyalty.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

I heard about ATT plan while I was a VERIZON customer.   And changed carriers.   And a year before ATT did it T-mobile announced its “Un carrier” campaign.  So don’t blame anyone for your lack of attention to the outside world. 

Since joining ATT I see the adds for new plans and phones when I login to My ATT Account.   

AT&T has never required a new phone to change your plan. AT&T has always allowed customers to change plans during the contract, or when on a NEXT agreement 

BTW I calculate you over paid. OVERPAID.   Due to your in attention  about $750 over 4 years, not $3000.  That’s the monthly out of contract discount since one was offered.  

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

6 years ago

@Mikldaros wrote:
Of course, but they all seemed to include a new phone which I didn't need.
No they didn't. Purchasing a new phone was never a requirement for switching plans.
And a flip phone is a joke, sorry that is only an opinion,
An informed opinion based upon the information you gave. 
I should have been more specific, I rarely use my phone when I have the iPad available. Since I have a phone line for the pad, thank you att, I can use it for gps.
A cable company notifies you of pending changes. What about this, company can notify long standing customers that it is time to call a representative about your plan. It just puts a bug in your ear and may promote user loyalty.
I have never had that experience, except if there have been price increases. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

That is not correct. I chose the best plan 10 years ago. I agree i paid for that plan, 100 % and i understand your stance. My question is, is it good business to use buyer beware or is it a better business policy to notify customers of new plans axailable on the market. Let me rephrase. Att allowed me to continue with my old plannand expense. I donated more than i HAD to but no more thanni signed up for. Let me also say i like att and have used it since childhood. Just questioning business practices

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

What exactly do you expect them to do? ATT notifies customers of new plans all the time. There are notices on your bill, they send emails (which you can opt out of, did you?), they even send texts. They also advertise everywhere. Why you never got any notices of new plans, I can’t explain. I bet you did get notices but didn’t pay attention to them.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

@Mikldaros

I have a 4 year old plan, and I’m keeping it as long as possible.   You’re assumption you want, need or that a new plan is cheaper for you is not necessarily true.  

Just spit balling... 

The new unlimited plan $90, plus $10 for the tablet.  About $7 taxes. $107 just for service on existing devices.   Add $23.34 or more if you buy a new phone.  Now you’re up to $130. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.