For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Ukast161's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Monday, May 2nd, 2016 11:33 PM

Arbitration with AT&T

Has anyone ever had any success with resolving an issue in arbitration with AT&T? its unfortuante due to this being a simple issue they wont resolve, but im not gonna be bullied after the countless hours interacting with customer support. Not to mention who knows how many others this has happened to that doesnt know about the arbitration process.

Im in the midst of getting ready to give AT&T the "30 day notice" to resolve the issue before we move to arbitration however I may seek damages at this point of the being lied breaches of my personal data and consent

like wise I sent a message to ATT on this forum a few days ago and it hasnt even been read.

3 days ago on 4/29/2015 An ATT represenative over the phone removed my unlimited data plan without my consent or knowledge through a process of me trying to add additional lines on my account without affecting my unlimited data grandfathered plan. Apon finding this out a few hours later I called in and over the course of 4 hours I was lied to, hung up on, bullied around by represenatives and supervisors alike. The ATT represnative changed my plan, and then physically themself over the phone accepted the terms and conditions of the new account without my approval or review. The end result was them taking away my unlimited data grandfathered plan. Everyone I talked to stated they cant give me my old plan back that they accidently took away, and that the only way would be to make a case and submit it you a "back office". Finally I got on the phone with a supervisor who assured me on your recorded lines that with 100% certainty they would restore my line as it was after he submits the case.

Today on 5/2 I called and chatted with ATT and they moved my account back to my nationwide 450 minute plan, however they said they would not restore my unlimited data after the case review because they said " that i changed it myself using the mobile app on my phone"

which infact that statement they made is a bold faced lie, Why would I intentioanlly remove my own data. It was the rep that made the changes and excepted the new terms and conditions without my approval and review of what they were doing.

As not only now is ATT unfair practices of taking away my plan without my consent, and then doing nothing to fix and lie about it, a bussiness practice issue, It is becoming a legal idenity issue when they tell me that I made changes myself when the ATT employee who made the changes stated on a recorded line that they went ahead and accepted the terms and conditions for me. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

Att pays for the arbitrator just a fyi.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.4K Messages

8 years ago

The arbitraton process is not small claims, you don't get damages. Your goal is to get your plan back. So do it.

It's Monday.  Your problem wasn't even looked at until today.  You can get your previous plan back if you ask for it, especially Since it was an error.  You have 60 days, it won't even take 30.  But NOTHING gets done over the weekend. 

did you message over the weekend and explain all and ask for your line to be put back the way it was?    Send the information to @ATTMobilityCare by private message.

The way I see it they are back peddling already by giving you calling plan back.  Use it.  They know they are wrong.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

Yeah, so after hours they made the first case the same day on the 29th, today I went to return the phone they sent me because I didn't want to activate or accept anything until this was resolved. I went into the ATT store to physically process the return and while I was there they said they'd call their back line to check the status of the case,

I was then told the case was still to early to be reviewed, and to wait a few more days. Low and behold 20 minutes after I left, I got an email saying I was switched to a 3 Gig 450 minute plan. I called the att 1800 number to see what was going on and the rep told me the back office handling the case Denied to put my plan back because I made the changes myself my my ATT app which wasn't the fact.

I pushed it to another supervisor and once I mentioned I was considering the arbitration process they said they wanted to help and would send another case, so I'm gonna wait until the 6th to see the results again. If not I will start the process.

In the mean time I already sent another message to att profile on here as you mentioned back on the 29th and again today but neither have been read or responded too.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.4K Messages

8 years ago

I can only apologize and encourage you to stick with it.  You can even try throwing the BBB at them, FTC maybe.  

They have a policy of returning plans if they were switched in error.  

I think returning the phone was a good idea, it lets them know you are ready to leave if they don't fix it.

Send a message daily to Mobility care and keep us updated.  Wish I could be more help.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

So att mobility emailed me back tonight and stated

"My apologies I must refer you to the AT&T Store or you may dial "611" from one of your cell phones. AT&T Mobility must separate the account and create the second account and restore your UNLIMITED package. Thank you for your patience and for being the best part of AT&T."

So idk if they are going to be much help or what to do with this

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

After many hours of phones calls and in store experiences my data was finally restored but not my grandfathered text plan. Faith slightly restored in ATT so far

ACE - Sage

• 

117.4K Messages

8 years ago

Thank goodness.  Glad it is mostly fixed.  Although it should not have been this much trouble.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.