For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
MADABOUTYOU's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Saturday, May 6th, 2017 4:49 AM

Angry and Frustrated with AT&T's incompetent service

My husband died in Dec. I asked to have his name removed from the bill. There began hours of trying to get his name removed from the bill, which entailed having to close his account into my name. Then began hours of talking to MANY agents to try to get to the right department to do so. This involved having to deal with the insane automated system, getting disconnected, speaking to agents that kept sending me to the wrong departments, getting sent back to the insane automated system and then finally... after hours and days of doing this simple task of getting my husband's name removed, now find out that I lost 4,500 minutes off my senior plan 200 (I only get 500 mins. now) because by opening up the new account under my name, AT&T no longer honors the old plan. No one told me this. I would of kept my husband's name on the plan otherwise.

I complain to an agent then speak to 'Cindy' the supervisor. I wasn't loud nor screaming as I was explaining the situation but then, guess what, 'Cindy' the supervisor, hung up on me 15 seconds into the conversation.    

The agents tell you "I'm sorry.", but in reality they don't care because they're only the grunts. I really hope that corporate sees this post because AT&T is losing business by becoming too large and providing incompetent service = less money in corporate and shareholders greedy pockets.

Am I going to stay with AT&T? What do you think?

Scholar

• 

198 Messages

7 years ago

The companies policies and execution of those policies is a reflection of corporate, not of front line personnel.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@MADABOUTYOU

Get off the senior plan.  You are paying $29 for limited service.  

The $30 Gophone plan has unlimited calling.  You can use you current phone.  Go to an ATT company store and ask to switch to Gophone and set up auto pay.  

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

If the ‘front line personnel’ had told me that I was going to lose the policies of the old plan, I would not have removed my deceased husbands name off the account. The ‘front line personnel’ supervisor hung up on me 15 seconds into the conversation. The ‘front line personnel(s)’ kept sending me to the wrong departments for the various issues I was having. My issue is the competency of the ‘front line personnel’. According to your comment, it reads that incompetency is corporate protocol, which I believe is not the case.

This must be 'Supervisor Cindy' responding to me....

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@MADABOUTYOU wrote:

This must be 'Supervisor Cindy' responding to me....

No, it is not supervisor Cindy. ATT employees are clearly identified, Lizdance40 is not an ATT employee.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@MADABOUTYOU Rollover goes away when you make line changes. I've lost it by adding lines and changing plans. If you're super-nice you might sweet-talk someone into giving you more minutes back (basically since you had all those minutes disappear, you obviously weren't using them, right).

I'll also say, that "senior plan" is not a great deal. Check out GoPhone or see what other offers are out there, you can get unlimited minutes/texts for $25 if you set up autopay.

From all your rollover, it looks like you don't use it much at all, you even might do better with a $2 a day plan or $25 cents a minute. See https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/plans/planconfigurator.html?tab=gophone&plan=basic

I'm sorry for your loss...

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks, but that means that I have to continue dealing with ATT and their incompetence. If the ATT employees that I spoke to (in order to resolve my various issues) handled or offered a solution as simply as you just did, I wouldn't being having this issue/problem with them. Thx

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

That's all you have to say?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks, but that means that I have to continue dealing with ATT and their incompetence. If the ATT employees that I spoke to (in order to resolve my various issues) handled or offered a solution as simply as you just did, I wouldn't being having this issue/problem with them. Thx

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

ATT should hire more competent individuals like yourself - then they wouldn't lose business. Thx

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

The current owner’s plan and features may change, depending on your original account plan. For example, if you have multiple lines on your account, and transfer billing responsibility so only one line remains on your account, you may need to select a new plan.

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1045265

It's written in the TOBR terms and conditions.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.