For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
alikareem's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, February 15th, 2019 5:02 PM

Account Billing Issues

Hello,

About 5 months back I had a wireless service with AT&T, after about 11 days I was unsatisfied with the service and switched to prepaid. I had all the charges cleared when I switched over and after a month after I switched I got a letter saying I still owed $57.40. I called AT&T immediately to clear up the charge and was told everything as been resolved. Another month goes by and I get the same letter with the $57.40 amount on it and I call and clear it immediately and ask the agent to make this never happens again. Fast forward to today, I get a call from a collection agent saying I owe $57.40. I call AT&T immediately and they tell me that they no longer have access to my account and that it is out of their hands to help me.

Is there anyone at AT&T who can fix this matter for good? Please. 

Ali [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

Actually, there is no trial period, so it is very possible that the OP was billed for an entire month and maybe even more if their new bill cycle started within that 11 days. In other words, there first and last bill could have been for a partial month (anywhere from 1 to 10 days of service) and a full month of service. That $57.40 may very well be a legitimate charge and clearly the agents never did clear those charges despite whatever they promised. 

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

5 years ago

@alikareem wrote:

Hello,

About 5 months back I had a wireless service with AT&T, after about 11 days I was unsatisfied with the service and switched to prepaid. I had all the charges cleared when I switched over and after a month after I switched I got a letter saying I still owed $57.40. I called AT&T immediately to clear up the charge and was told everything as been resolved. Another month goes by and I get the same letter with the $57.40 amount on it and I call and clear it immediately and ask the agent to make this never happens again. Fast forward to today, I get a call from a collection agent saying I owe $57.40. I call AT&T immediately and they tell me that they no longer have access to my account and that it is out of their hands to help me.

Is there anyone at AT&T who can fix this matter for good? Please. 

Ali [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Why do you think you "cleared the charges?" You still have to pay for the 11 days of service you used. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.