For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
gnanda1's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, November 30th, 2015 10:46 PM

AT&T charges $725 for returned iPhone device

Hi,

First of all I never used iPhone before and was so excited to get iPhone 6s.

However this is the worst experiene I had with AT&T in my life.

I order an iPhone from AT&T store and got the phone.  I took it to AT&T store (to port my old number) and the Rep said he cannot port my number from H20 wireless to AT&T after spending 4 hours in the store. I returned the device with in 14 days as per the policy and called mutliple times to customer care asking if they had received the device. They said yes and finally AT&T charged me $725 in the last bill. I kept calling them multiple times and the response is "we received the device and should be able to refund". Finally one day agent said Find My iPhone app is still on. I said I never used iPhone and the shipment I received doesn't have any instructions about remove user account from the app. I have the contract papers as well, I checked them many times and doesn't say anything about removing the app. Finally I called Apple and Rep help me to disable the app for me remotly (Thanks to Steve Jobs). I called up again ATT customer care and now they are saying I have to end up paying $725 because I didn't disable the app in 14 days. 

I ask them to return the device so I will keep it and pay 700 and still they're refusing to return the device. So my question is why I should pay 700 for nothing when I don't have the device and returned them. 

Any body have similar situation? Please help.Appreciated.

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

I am sorry you are having frustration with the return of your iPhone. On the back of the receipt the 14-day buyer's remorse return policy is listed. For iOS devices it states:

"iOS-Specific Customer Instructions: Prior to returning your device, all personal data should be erased and all security features should be disabled or removed. It is vital to complete this process in order to prevent a reduction of the refund amount for your device."

Now the iPhone 6S setup included lock screen and Find My iPhone activation. So if you proceeded with the initial setup, yet didn't use the phone, it still may have activated Find My iPhone.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

WP_20151130_18_44_04_Pro.jpgWP_20151130_18_44_19_Pro.jpg

2 Attachments

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I got this page and return tracking number in the box. 

Thanks,

Ganesh

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 years ago

I have sold a few of phones on eBay, passed a couple on to family members and can't imagine doing so without factory resetting the device to insure none of my personal information is on it.

I have heard of such devices being returned, but I don't know if that is possible. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.