For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
maxx12's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, May 7th, 2016 12:04 AM

AT&T MISLEADING OFFER OF $650 CREDIT TO SWITCH FROM OTHER CARRIER

@ATTMobilityCare please help me get the forms to submit to att.com/helpyouswitch so I can recieve my $650 credit.  I have tried all the links online the sites don't work.  I have called customer service they can't help and keep sending me into the Corporate offices with the final bill and they can't do it.  When they did try, it came back with a Ref Code of *. On 4/29/16 the corporate office did say if customer service could email me the forms that could probably submit it or would at least try.  Customer Service couldn't even do that.  I should have never switched to att this has been a huge waste of time.  I will not pay att anymore until they make good on this offer and maybe switch back to the old carrier. 

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@TinaLLewis75

Since not one of the posts is exactly the same;  could you be SPECIFIC so you can get help.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some actually got every penny the were owed without delay, and complain anyway because they wanted $650

Some botched the trade in, or tried to turn in a different phone.

Some were misinformed and didn't know what to do.

Some phones were lost when mailed in.

Some are screwed up and we don't know why

Some changed a phone number which voided the offer.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

7 years ago

"I'm having the same issue with AT&T buying out my Verizon contract. I've been turned into collection for $1800.00 by Verizon and I continue to get the run around by store manager and district store manager. I've been circle jerked to no end!!! If you are looking to switch services over to AT&T with a contact buyout ... DON'T switch to AT&T it's a big scam and a waste of your time!!!!! I'm going on 6 months now trying to get resolved and still not having any luck!!!"

FYI, the phrase "circle jerk" means something COMPLETELY different from the way you used it. You might want to choose a different phrase next time.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

We switched 4 lines from Verizon on February 20, 2017. We traded in one (iPhone SE) phone at the AT&T dealer to cover sales tax & fees for becoming new customers at at&t and receiving 4 iPhone 7's. One of the iPhone 7 was supposed to be free. I received a final bill from Verizon with early termination and equipment fees totaling $1700.00 ... ($1236.00 is in equipment and termination fees for phones) other charges are for our iPad lines and equipment. We did one trade in in store and others were to be sent in for the better trade in per store manager. AT&T/ their trade in company was suppose to send prepaid boxes to ship them back twice and never did. After months of contacting them numerous times on never receiving materials to ship back phones I requested district managers contact info to help with resolving the issue. The district manager Jon said AT&T switched third party company that was doing trade in program and ours was "lost" in transfer. He reopened claim numbers previously done prior and said it would be resolved quickly. Needless to say I've been told that numerous times by store manager and district manager and I've only received one Visa gift card for $125.00 for the store trade in phone! The final bill has been submitted numerous times by local store/ district manager also & still nothing!! I was finally told by store manager on June 13,2017 that it was being processed in 3-5 business days and in the mail. As of July 15,2017 still nothing!!!! I went into store again July 15,2017 and spoke to district manager again and he said it's on it's way but the total I'm getting in Visa cards doesn't match the total I owe in termination fees and equipment charges!! It's has cost me money to switch to AT& T and to top all this off I've been turned into a collection agency on 5-7-2017 by Verizon. I've been making monthly payments to them to keep this HUGE mistake of switching off my credit report and getting harassed daily by collection calls trying to collect debt. I have been given a huge run around from AT&T store manager & district manager. I have wasted countless time traveling to store in Owosso Michigan trying to get help on resolving this issue because their landline hasn't worked in months and you can't call them directly to save in travels. Honestly if I had known what I do now I would have never switched because of all difficulties I have had with this whole switch. We switched to AT&T to save money and it's cost me to move plus it's now effecting my credit report. If there's more information someone needs let me know but I will be filing complaints with attorney general and FTC about this. They have misled numerous people and haven't fulfilled their obligations to buy out contracts from other carriers. Bad business practices all the way around and I'm very disappointed!!!

Tina Lewis

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

7 years ago

So, I just went down to my local AT&T store, and acted as if I was switching from Verizon today.  I stated the exact facts as what I had when I started in May, which are:

I have phone to trade

device payoff for Verizon.

Rep said they'd give me $200 for my phone, then CLEARLY said... the balance up to $650, you use to pay off Verizon.

I said.. well, I think I owe about 450 on the device with them.  Rep at store said, Oh, then your're covered.  

So, I repeated back to him my understanding of his explanation, which was:

AT&T would give me $200 credit on my newly opened account today for phone trade-in.

Then, I submit final bill from Verizon for $450 (owed for device payments),and AT&T will in turn provide a Visa gift card to me for that amount of $450. Since the 2 together, in this case are $650.

The rep said yes, that is what we will do.

His name is Eric Torres in the El Paso AT&T store. I then said, are you sure, cause I was hearing different horror stories.  Eric ,said the switch program provides up to $650.  Which means from $650, you subtract the phone trade in of $200 (in my case), and left with up to $450 for device payoff, AT&T will pay up to $650, in total, between the trade in and device payoff.  Of course, if my device payoff was less, AT&T would pay less, you don't make money.

So, bringing this back to my situation:

In May, they gave me $200 credit for phone trade

I submitted my final Verizon bill for 449.27

AT&T is only giving me 249.27

This is not $650. 

In my case, they should be giving me the full 449.27.  If my device payoff was, let's say 800, I would only get 450 (since I already received 200 for phone trade).  Or, if my device payoff was only 150, then I would only get 150 (and my phone trade of 200 received already).

This is what was told to me in May, and again today.  

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@MCDTexas The rep is WRONG!!!  The offer doesn't say that and that's not what they sent you. If the rep was cutting you the actual check, that would be great, but that's not how it works. 

Did you read the actual offer?  https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/switch-and-save-etf.html

Text below from the page for the definition of Final Credit:

Total amount equals device balance/ETF (excludes taxes, fees, svc & other charges) up to $650 minus trade-in.

That's what they sent you...

You're incorrectly trying to figure which situations get you $650 BUT

the question you need to be asking yourself is if it's UP TO $650, which situations get less than $650?? Those are the reasons it says "up to", this is your situation. Sorry.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

7 years ago

Why would you go back to the store? The offer is quite clear:

"Note: The value of your AT&T Promotion Visa Prepaid Card (up to $650) is based on the amounts of the Early Termination Fee or device payment plan balance reflected in your termination / cancellation fees from your previous carrier minus the Trade-in Program value of your current smartphone."

https://att.com/shopmobile/wireless/switch-and-save-etf.html

That is what is offered and that is what you should expect.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@TinaLLewis75

Clearly your phones are not where they should be.  Without those trade ins, the offer will not proceed.  

You need to find those phones, or rather, Att needs to.  Do you still have tracking numbers?

all information needs to be gathered and send by message to @ATTMobilityCare.  

BTW. Verizon phones are unlocked by default.  iPhones would have worked perfectly well on ATT.  

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I continued to go back to the authorized AT&T dealer because that's where we turned in one phone .... in store and they kept the phone as trade in. I tried 3 times to get the packaging materials for the 3 other phones from "3rd party" trade in company to send phones back through the mail for this program. There's something wrong if I can't go into an authorized dealer for AT&T and get their assistance on a program that they promoted in their store when they switched our services over to AT&T. I tried twice to get what I needed to send phones back myself by going through the site and they told me twice they sent them out but never received them. Finally the AT&T store was able to get the packages sent to the store directly to send the phones back and they handled that whole process for me. After the 4-6 weeks went by and I inquired about status, the district manager had to get involved because there was no record of our trade-in information. Supposedly AT&T switched 3rd party companies that handled their trade in program because of the issues that they were having according to the district manager and our information was lost. He had to work with the new company to reopen our previous claim tickets in order to get things moving again. So this is why I continued to go back into the store because they had numerous conversations with this "3rd party " to help resolve the issue and they have handled the whole transaction. If I look up my tracking numbers it says they are invalid and don't exist, so this is why I continue to go back into the store. We were told in the store that the trade ins could be done in the store or by sending them in .... either of two ways but we would get more money by sending them in and that's what I attempted to do. I would hope that any issues I may have that I should be able to go into an AT&T store and ask for help especially when they handled the situation from the beginning.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@TinaLLewis75

Authorized retailers are not owned by ATT and can do NOTHING to help you.  Especially since they messed it up.   The "authorized retailer" has screwed up your reimbursement.  No other way to put it.

1. The trade in value is the same, no matter what.  What they told you - crap. 

2.  The mailers come with instructions to take to a USPS and get a counter receipt.  Otherwise your wiped phones can be stolen and used.  Do you have a counter receipt?

3.   The entire program hinges on the phones, so of course you got nothing as the phones are missing.

Cant stress enough...got to prove the phones were sent to ATT.

No phones, no reimbursement.  

Please, STOP dealing with the authorized retailer.

Use the link to advance support in my previous post.  

Get ATT to locate the phones.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

I have done all of the above multiple times through the local att offices. I have been trying since switching to att from Verizon in mid December. The problem as I have been told is the Verizon bill format is unacceptable to att. What is this called, "breach of contract". Please give a useful answer and not the processes that att doesn't seem to follow or honor.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.