For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
codecode85's profile

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

Tuesday, October 13th, 2015 11:17 PM

Worst customer service experience I have ever had

I have had some serious issues with attempting to order the new iphone.  This problem has been on going since the release date of the 6s.  I am now close to a month and still no iphone. 
I tried numerous time to order it online, when I was unable I assumed it was due to a large volume of the website.  I went to the apple store only to be told I could order the phone there because I wanted a 2 year contract and AT&T only gives 2 year contracts through the website.(talk about a running in circles).  I reached out on twitter and ATTcares got back to me and I was able to order the phone over the phone with them.  Apparently since I receive a discount because of my employer that was what was not allowing me to order online.
I confirmed I was getting a 64 Rosegold 6s over the phone and again in writing on twitter.  A week later the phone arrives and its the wrong color its gold.
I reached out to ATTcares on twitter with no response.  Finally I called the customer services and was told to mail it back and the manager would call me in 2 days to replace the order with the correct colored phone.  I mailed it back within 15minutes and I have the tracking number of proof I mailed it.
Two days later no call.  Monday and Tuesday I called customer service both times spending over 30 minutes on the phone.  No refund has been given on our card and I still am unable to order the phone!  This was suppose to be a gift from my husband and now he is being dragged in waiting for a refund on his card and I cannot order a new one (according to the last rep I spoke to) unless i want to repurchase the phone.  This would bring a total of $640apx that is with you while I wait for the mistake that occurred on at&t end to be corrected.
This is literally the worst customer service experience I have ever had.  I have been a loyal customer of at&t for close to 15 years and in general have been happy with my service.  However, I am very close to forgetting this entire thing and switching to Verizon or tmobile.   I have spoken to managers, customer services reps and yet not one was able to get me the phone I ordered.  I have been treated like I am stealing a phone when I have happily paid for it over two weeks ago. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

9 years ago

Until they receive the phone back and put the upgrade back on the account, you are stuck.  Two days is not enough time to do that.

2 year contracts are being phased out.  Next time you get a phone they will be gone.

Sprint is the last hold out and they announced they will end them before the end of this year. 

New Verizon customers have no 2 year contract option.

T mobile ended them 2 years ago.

I buy my phones on eBay at full cost and pay only $15 per line for our phones.

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

I think I have it resolved.  I was mostly annoyed with the fact I sent it back on the advice of the customer service then another person the next day said I could return it in the store (and they were rude).

But pretty sure we are switching to a different company for a few reasons (coverage, cost, customer service) being the top 3.  Even with no contract and paying monthly or paying outright for the phone it will be a better deal. 

Thanks for the info on the end of contracts!

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

Oh and I had a nice man call yesterday from the executive level explain things to me a little more in depth.  Long story short the wrong phone being sent was the mistake of at&t but they cannot do anything about for about 2 weeks which is the time it will take them to get the phone and scan it back into their system.  But they could charge my credit card again and reorder my phone or another option he offered me as well but in the end would defete the purpose of this being a gift to me.  Just disappointed that I wasted time on this so now we will just wait for our refund and go from there.

Side note:  The people I spoke to (all but 2) were very polite.  My customer service problem was really in the lack of response after the second problem (wrong phone sent), the legnth of time I was on the phone each time, different answers when I did call and the lack of being able to really help a long time customer.  I'd happily pay higher rates and deal with less coverage for a great experience when I need help.  Very simalar to insurance compies, you don't really know how bad they can be until you are sick or in an accident.  Lesson learned.  

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

9 years ago

Wow. Surprised, but awesome. Sometimes the personal touch helps a ton.

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

Spoke too soon.  Still waiting for a refund and nobody seems to be able to help again.  Its been over two weeks since I sent the phone back.  The tracking number says it reached them... yep they havent refunded us and they dont show the package as being with them. 

And they charged me a $45ish fee for having an upgraded my phone.  When I was told no additional charges would be given to me since I sent the phone back and was not going to upgrading at all.  I would love if someone could call me that could actually help A. credit our card back since I sent the phone back and have the tracking info and B. remove that additional charge for an upgrade I ended up not doing.  

None of this is customer error or my fault.  I did everything they asked and then some.  I just want to have this situation resolved. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.