For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Wired0n3's profile

Participant

• 

1 Message

Thursday, February 5th, 2015 2:00 AM

Why Is AT&T against veterans?

My contract was up recently, and me and my wife got new phones and tablets and decided to sign again, I am a veteran and was told I could get a discount at the time we signed up, the lady assured me with my veteran discount my bill would be "x" amount. Needless to say, I didnt get a veteran discount and they told me because I was already signed up they couldnt do it because they would have to cancel my account and start over. What a scam, AT&T you should be ashamed and I will continue to spam this over every single forum until all active duty and veterans hear of how you treat Veterans. 

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

9 years ago

Who ever told you that is not correct. You can add a discount at any time. Call AT&T customer service and they should be able to add the discount.

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi there @Wired0n3

I’m sorry to hear that your Veteran’s discount was not applied! @kdfederer is absolutely right. You can add the Veterans discount at any time. To do so:

1. Visit your closest AT&T store for assistance.
  2. Bring a government identification card with you.
    • Military retirees need to bring a photocopy of their DD214 (Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty) or their veteran's ID card as proof of eligibility to qualify for the 15% discount, to successfully complete the IRU FAN Discount Application Form. 
  3. In store, a representative will assist you in completing an IRU FAN Discount Application Form

Acceptable forms of civilian and military identification (SSN and other sensitive information blacked-out):

• Agency-issued identification card
  • Photocopy of a recent paystub
  • Photocopy of their W-2
  • Business card displaying the federal civilian or military agency's address
  • Military veterans - photocopy of their DD214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty

I hope this helps!

Charise

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.