For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Vw1234's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, July 3rd, 2015 12:22 AM

Stuck in back office

Hi everyone,<br>I have been a customer of AT&amp;T for over 10 years. On sun. June 28th I was at dinner, went to the restroom and came back to my table only to discover that my phone had been taken. I was really sad, but didn't really feel the impact for a few hours. I immediately called customer service who block listed my phone and suspended service. Then when I got home the real "nightmare" began. Since I only had a computer to communicate w/AT&amp;T I went on to their website and started a live chat...seemed great at first til...I was told my the rep that I would be charged 175 for a new Samsung galaxy 5 because I had neither insurance nor was upgrade eligible (I was totally fine w/this), unfortunately I was disconnected from the site and had to start completely over (approx 50mins. Later). When I started over I was informed that the prior operator had not completed the transaction therefore it was not in the system. This time (for a reason I am still unclear of) the rep said he had spoken to a manager &amp; I would get the phone (and a case) for free. I was elated. At the very end of the transaction the rep told me to access my new terms &amp; conditions by logging into my email (apparently he had signed me up for a new two year agreement for the freebies - since I up til then, had been a happy customer for 10yrs, I had absolutely no problem with this. Well as I toggled back &amp; forth with him, explaining that the terms &amp; conditions had not come through...on the 3rd attempt I was disconnected once again. It gets worse...collectively I had been on with the chat room from 3am to approx 6:25am and was so exhausted, and frustrated that I decided to walk into my local att store the following day. I had the store call customer service and I was informed they had found the order but it was "parked in shipping" awaiting the signed terms &amp; conditions, however when the customer service rep tried to locate the terms &amp; conditions he could not access them (they still also had not been emailed to me). This is when my nightmare experience escalated. I was told by the customer service mgr at the 1800-331-0500 that it should be resolved within 24 hrs. I was panicked because I knew I had a presentation for a new client coming up in the week and he would be calling. The att mgr told me, he or one of his "team members" would get back to me the next day on the go phone I set up (or via email) he did not, but another female mgr I had spoken to during that and who had also promised to reach out did. She just merely said she was still looking into it &amp; would get back to me, she never did. finally, yesterday I called the restaurant (which I had been doing everyday) to see if my phone had been turned in and to my amazement and luck it had). I was beyond thrilled. I contacted AT&amp;T to end my nightmare. Lost and stolen dept was able to take the block list of my phone, but said she was having difficulties taking the suspend off. She then put me on hold for apprx 25mins , came back on the line and told me she found the problem...due to the previously ordered phone (which she said the order no longer existed) it generated a demand in the system for the customer to accept the new terms &amp; conditions. Without removing the demand the system would not take the suspend off the phone. She indicated that she was successful at taking that demand off and my phone would be up and running within (you guessed it...24hrs). I was happy to hear the news, nearly a week later, and my ordeal would finally be finished. Today, Thursday, July 2nd, I turned on my phone, only to not be able to make any calls. I called customer service (once again using the only phone number att provides its customers, and was told that the demand for terms &amp; conditions was still on my account preventing ALL/ANY transactions to occur (even a deactivation) Meanwhile that new client, I was supposed to meet with had tried calling me, and got so frustrated that he took his business else where (potentially 20k's worth). I am beyond words of anger, in fact I'm extremely depressed and sad as I was then told a ticket had been sent into the back office (I have the ticket number) but the expiration of that ticket number is all the way until July 6th.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

9 years ago

This was an expensive lesson, learned the hard way.
I also run my business off my phone and would be dead in the water without it. I have a spare phone around, just in case my phone were to malfunction.
I never leave my phone lying around in public, or visible in my car.

Just a thought. As a GoPhone, the SIM card may also have been suspended. Maybe it needs a new sim?

Keep at it. I hope they resolve the problem for you quickly.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.