For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
php111's profile

Teacher

• 

26 Messages

Tuesday, July 14th, 2015 10:56 PM

Questions for activating a Mobile Shared Value Plan

Hello,

Below are question(s) about activating a Galaxy S5 on the Mobile Shared Value Plan with 3GB Rollover Data.

I ported my number from Verizon to AT&T by BYOP and I am bringing over my Samsung Galaxy S5.

I posted a thread on here already asking if this plan is postpaid or prepaid and the answer is postpaid.

My SIM card was shipped out today.

1.) When I receive my SIM card, on att.com/activations, I am assuming since Mobile Shared Value Plans are all postpaid than I would activate it as a Wireless phone by new service and NOT the Go Phone new service, correct?

2.) In the email I received for the activation instructions, should I follow exactly these steps? Or should I follow different?

Here are the instructions:

Step 1 Move your contacts from your old SIM to your device

Step 2 Turn device off and charge it fully

Step 3 Activate by visting att.com/activations

Step 4 Insert SIM into your new device

Step 5 Turn the device on and make a test call

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

9 years ago

Your contacts are on the phone, not the SIM card, and will stay on the phone.
Otherwise, follow directions given.

Teacher

• 

26 Messages

9 years ago

And am I activating as a Wireless phone as new service and not as a Go Phone new service?

Mentor

• 

63 Messages

9 years ago

I am assuming since Mobile Shared Value Plans are all postpaid than I would activate it as a Wireless phone by new service and NOT the Go Phone new service, correct? CORRECT

Also since you are using an Android device go to the gmail account associated with your GS5 and look at your contacts there.  If they are all there you are fine and even in worst case scenario are backed up and will load to any device you use from now on (forever).  If they are not backing up to your Gmail account then they are on the phone and are fine as long as you don't wipe out the device.

Teacher

• 

26 Messages

9 years ago

Thank you so much!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.