For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
djmaster's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, April 22nd, 2014 3:03 PM

Problem receiving pictures and audio texts.

I have been a long time AT&T customer and have been able to send and receive audio and pictrues through text messages.  My phone recently broke and I bought a AT&T Go Phone the Alcatel 871A and it will not send or receive any text with audio/video/audio in them.  It will give a send error when I try to send and will begin to download when I receive a message but will stop before it completes. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I simply put my contract SIM card in the Go Phone so shouldn't I this be able to send and receive multimedia messages?

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

10 years ago

@djmaster wrote:
I simply put my contract SIM card in the Go Phone so shouldn't I this be able to send and receive multimedia messages?

what was the phone you previously had, if it is a smartphone and the one you replaced it with is a feature phone you have to call in and change the data plan.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

My old phone was a samsung strive. I don't think it was a smartphone.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

10 years ago

In order to send or receive pictures, video or audio (MMS messages), your phone must have a working data connection. The phone's data connection settings are not the same for postpaid service as they are for prepaid service. I suspect the go phone you bought still has the data settings for prepaid service which won't work on your account. Unfortunately, I don't know the correct settings but I believe you'll need to update your phones data settings to fix this issue. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.