For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
bpaskin's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, August 7th, 2012 7:30 PM

Porting number to ATT with different metro area

Hi All, I am going a little crazy.  My financee is originally from the Philly metro area and I live in the Boston metro area.  I have ATT Wireless and she has Verizon.  We are trying to port her number to my account, but depending on the sales person (chat, phone, store) we keep getting different answers.  I understand we cannot have a family plan, but is it possible to have her just on my account?  I would set up another account, but I get discounts for business, which I would like to carry over to her phone.  Is anyone familar with a situation like this?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@bpaskin wrote:

Hi All, I am going a little crazy.  My financee is originally from the Philly metro area and I live in the Boston metro area.  I have ATT Wireless and she has Verizon.  We are trying to port her number to my account, but depending on the sales person (chat, phone, store) we keep getting different answers.  I understand we cannot have a family plan, but is it possible to have her just on my account?  I would set up another account, but I get discounts for business, which I would like to carry over to her phone.  Is anyone familar with a situation like this?

regular home accounts cannot have different area codes, what you could do is port her number to google voice, get a new line and phone then forward the google voice number to her new number.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.