For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Keric6977's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, October 2nd, 2016 4:43 PM

Onstar intigration

How do I add my car, with mobile wifi hotspot through onstar to my family shared plan?

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

8 years ago

So what do you do when onstar tells you they can't access my att account and I have to call them directly. Then I call att, they find no problem, however, my call is now escalated to a manager and she can't access the onstar phone number I give her......att reps keep either handing me off to someone else, or hanging up on me altogether....?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 years ago

My flippant answer is likely to be "the straw".  Try this site...

https://www.onstar.com/us/en/services/connections/4glte.html 

Somehow the two need to play nice.  Maybe going from the onstar end works better.

ask what they need to access. Account number? PIN code?

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

7 years ago

Page not found. I have tried everything and was told someone would contact me. To date, I have received no such assistance. The only option left to me is to forget it?

i even left them a brief complaint when they sent those idiotic 'tell us how we did texts'.

Scholar

• 

187 Messages

7 years ago

I have a new car with two years of complimentary onstar guidance.  I have thought about adding my car to my plan, but I see it will cost 10 bucks a month just to use my data from my AT&T Plan.  I think I will just buy a 1 gig per month plan from onstar for 10 bucks a month and do it that way.  I doubt very seriously I would use more than a gig in the car.  I have 24 gigs of data that came with the plan and I haven't even used 2 gigs yet in two months and that included a vacation for a week where i used the Apple Maps almost every day for a week.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

https://www.onstar.com/us/en/plans-pricing.html

The page keeps changing.  Very strange.

@guitargain. It depends on how much you pay per gig on your current plan.  I pay $4.30 per gig.

And if you ever have people in the car with wifi only devices.

Scholar

• 

187 Messages

7 years ago

@lizdance, as I stated I would hardly ever use more than 1 gig per month.  If I add it to my car as a device then it shares my data from my phone plan, which I have 20 gigs a month.  It will cost 10 bucks a month to either add it as a device and share the data i already have, or 10 bucks a month to add a gig with onstar.  It's a no brainer for me to just pay 10 bucks for 1 gig on top of what I already have.  Some may think this is weird, but my wife and I are the only two people that are going to sign into the wireless network in the car, in my opinion it's not my responsibility to pay for others to access my data and network.  Plus the fact that I rarely have other people in the car anyway.  I guess what I am saying is for me why would i pay 10 bucks a month to access data I am already paying for, when I can add enough for the same 10 bucks that won't deduct for the data I have already paid for?  Of course for people that will use more than a gig then this isn't applicable to them.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.