For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
A

• 

25.7K Messages

Monday, June 1st, 2015 5:26 PM

File a complaint

I would like a to file a complaint against 2 AT&T stores. How do I do that?

• 

25.7K Messages

9 years ago

Here is the complaint:

On  May 30, 2015 I went to ATT Authorised Retailer at 384 N Capitol Ave, San Jose, CA 95127, to upgrade my iPhone. I called 30 minutes before arriving to confirm that they had iPhone 5s 16G gold in stock. When I got to the store the employee discovered that I was upgrading under a granfathered unlimited data service plan and said "sorry the phone you want is sold out". I left the store.

I then drove to another ATT store at 1705 Story Rd, San Jose, CA 95122. I called 5 minutes before arriving to confirm that they had iPhone 5s 16G gold in stock. They said they did. When I arrived, I gave my info to ATT employee Ronald. After he discovered my grandfathered service plan, he said "We don't have iPhone 5s 16G gold in stock". At this point I was upset. ATT Manager Karen stepped in to assist and she also said "sorry, those phones are sold out". When I started getting visibly upset, she suddenly changed her story and said "Wait, those might be in stock, let me check". She went to check and sure enough, the phones were in stock. Manager Karen tried to explain that Ronald was unaware the phone was in stock because the store had just received a shipment. I wondered if employees at both stores were being dishonest and playing games, probably because their commissions and store performance are affected by upgrades on grandfathered, unlimited data service plans. Ultimately, I bought an iPhone 5s 16G gold, but after much inconvenience, frustration and a wasted 3 hours.

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

9 years ago

I'm somewhat surprised that you didn't switch carriers after that little fiasco.

• 

25.7K Messages

9 years ago

I am happy with ATT as a service provider. I think this was more to do with store employees playing games.

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

9 years ago

I see you went to "authorized dealer" not Corporate Store. Lucky thing they did not mess up unlimited data plan.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

too many policies for such a simple issue. You should not have to go through hoops.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

So no one has answered the question.  How do I file a complaint?

You wouldn't believe what AT&T has put me through this week just to get service hooked up.  Windows of times for waiting for tech and no one showed up.  It goes on from there.

I do not recommend AT&T.  Tell all your friends and relatives.  This corporation is too big and there are too many cooks who don't know what is going on.  The most unprofessional "service" I've dealt with ... EVER.

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

9 years ago

The problem is the "authorized retailers". They aren't bound by AT&T but by their owners. I stay away from authorized retailers and only go to corporate stores. If you have a problem there, AT&T corporate can help.

For complaints, you can private message @ATTMobilityCare with your account and contact information and concerns about the authorized retail stores.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

9 years ago

while the last day to upgrade with a 2 year contract at retail stores was May 31, you can't keep an unlimited data plan unless you upgrade at an ATT corporate store.

Don't complain to hard, they did you a favor. They could have just told you and saved you the annoyance.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.