Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
britelizabeth91's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, November 19th, 2014 3:17 PM

ETF if switching to cricket?

[Subject edited for better exposure]

If at&t owns cricket now, do I still have to pay an early termination fee for switching to cricket before my at&t contract is up?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

14.3K Messages

10 years ago

@britelizabeth91 wrote:
If at&t owns cricket now, do I still have to pay an early termination fee for switching to cricket before my at&t contract is up?

Yes, if you want to end your contract early, whether to go to a different carrier or switch to an AT&T own no-contract service, you will owe any applicable ETF. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

10 years ago

@britelizabeth91 wrote:

I am pretty sure you would since Cricket is like gophone, it is prepaid and no contract. If they let you switch without paying the ETF, nothing would stop your from cancelling cricket. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

If I have Cricket Wireless, can I order an AT&T phone and plans??Does AT&T have no contract plans now?

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

8 years ago

AT&T has all no contract plans now. If you want to buy a phone, you have to pay full price over 30 months NEXT plan.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

How would I go about starting that? Or going about it??

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

What's NEXT plan?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.7K Messages

8 years ago

Next is an installment purchase of a phone.  You can purchase a $700 phone, divided into as many as 30 payments, paying only sales tax upfront.  $700 / 30 = $23.33 each month on top of service cost.

ATT also has Gophone service, which requires you buy phones at full cost, just like Cricket.

You get more data for your money with prepaid, but your get first in line service with ATT.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.