Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
dbbubba's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, July 23rd, 2014 5:34 AM

ATT EMPLOYEES WILL STEAL FROM YOU AND LIE (badly) IN AN ATTEMPT TO COVER THEIR TRACKS

On 11/21/2013 I ordered new cellphone service that included an iPhone 4S at no charge with a 2 year subscription to service on ATT's website.

I immedeately realized that I would have to wait three to four days for the phone to arrive.

I needed a phone immedeately.

I then called ATT Customer Service and they suggested that I go to my local ATT store, have them cancel the account, then have them start a new account, give me a phone and then I'd return the phone equipment (iPhone 4s) when it arrived by mail a few days later.

I went to my local store and they said that they would be glad to help me except they didn't have the iPhone 4S offered in stock.

They checked and another ATT company store had the phone in stock.

I went to that store and they started a new service plan for me and gave me a new iPhone 4S.

However, they didn't know how to cancel the account that I had initiated on ATT's website.

They suggested that I go back to the original store.

I went back to the store closest to my house again and they told me that they would cancel the account that I initaited on ATT's website.

It appeared to me that they went through the proceedure and they told me that the account was closed.

They said that when I received the iPhone I needed to return it.

A few days later the iPhone from the initital account that I started on ATT's website arrived in the mail.

I promptly returned it with the return paperwork that they sent me.

Now, you would think that everything was good at this point.

The other week I received a call from a collection agency who said that I owed ATT $633.00.

They said it was for a number that I had never heard of.

I then called ATT Customer Service and they said that the charge was for the original accout which was re-opened on November 27th, 2013.

Remember, the ATT store told me that the account was closed on November 21st, 2013.

After talking to ATT Customer Sevice a few times I was told that the account was re-activated six days later BY AN EMPLOYEE OF THE STORE NEAR MY HOUSE.

I NEVER AUTHORIZED THE ORIGINAL ACCOUNT TO BE RE-ACTIVATED.

In the six months the account was active I was never sent a bill or anything informing me about this account.

After talking with ATT Customer Service again I was given a case number and told to contact the store where the account was closed.

When I went to the store today I waited 35 minutes before a VERY rude woman told me that they said they couldn't help me.

She had me call Customer Service from their phone.

The ATT Customer Service reo on the phone offered me nothing new, so I asked for a Customer Service Manager.

I finally spoke with a manager who saw that there was an error, but the whole time I was talking with him the woman employee at the store was interupting the conversation and trying to take the phone from me.

I refused to give her the phone.

Eventually, the ATT Customer Service agent asked to talk to her, so I gave her the phone.

At this time an Assistant Manager and another woman came up to me and started trying to explain their side of the story.

The woman who took the phone from me laid the phone down on a shelf and joined the conversation with me, the Assistant Manager and the other lady.

They assured me that everything was being handled and that I was not understanding the situation.

They told me that they were not able to cancel orders placed on ATT's website.

They told me that the other store made the mistake.

They told me that they never re-opened the account.

I let them lie to me because I had already been told by Customer Service that they DID cancel my service like I asked.

The 2nd store told me that they didn't know how to cancel the initial account and they never attempted to close the initial account.

Customer Service also told me that an employee of the 1st store definitely re-opened the account six days later.

I finally was tired of dealing with the store people and left the store.

I THEN RECEIVED A CALL FROM THE CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER WHO TOLD ME THAT THE LADY CLERK HAD SET THE PHONE DOWN AFTER HE ASKED TO TALK TO ME AGAIN.

HE SAID THAT HE WAS ONLINE LISTENING THE CONVERSATION FOR 15 MINUTES!

HE SUGGESTED THAT WE NEEDED TO ESCALATE THE SITUATION AND WANTED ME TO CALL THE INTERNAL FRAUD DEPARTMENT AND ANOTHER DEPARTMENT.

I called these departments, but was dismissed by people who didn't give a rat's *** about my issue.

FINALLY, I spoke with another manager who said that EVERYONE who had handled my account had screwed everything up and done everything wrong.

He took over an hour to rectify everything and he claims that I will be taken out of collection status and the credit comoany will be notified.

He said that he would "walk my account through" and get everything "straightened-out."

He said that he would call me on Friday at 2:00 PM EST and update me.

Meanwhile, I have contacted the ATT Internal Fraud Department (or whatever it is called) and informed of what the store personall did.

NOW THAT I HAVE RESEARCHED EVERYTHING I HAD FOUND OUT THAT WHAT AT LEAST ONE ATT EMPLOYEE DID AMOUNTS TO INDENTITY THEFT.

I learned that:

A.) ATT employees do not know how to properly handle anything like this

B.) ATT employees will lie to cover themselves and their mistakes

C.) ATT employees will attempt to keep you from finding out what is going on

D.) ATT employees will re-open an account in your name

E.) ATT employees will never admit to making a mistake

F.) ATT employees will try to make you think that it is YOU who is confused

G.) ATT will not put anything in writing that admits that they made a mistake

I am just getting started with these guys.

[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

THERE ARE DISHONEST EMPLOYEES AT AT&T

Now, let's see if this post effects what the ATT Customer Service Manager said would take place by Friday. Namely, me being taken out of collections and my name being cleared.

I HOPE SO BECAUSE I PAY AT&T OVER $325.00 PER MONTH FOR WIRELESS SERVICE ON ALL OF THE PHONES IN OUR HOUSE.

I WILL CLOSE MY ACCOUNTS IF THE ISSUE IS NOT RESOLVED QUICKLY.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

10 years ago

There are dishonest people and honest people in every business.

Sorry this happened.
I'm sure there is a lesson to be learned here for us all.
thanks for the heads up.

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, dbbubba!

Thanks for posting. I'm so sorry to hear about all the confusion with these two accounts. It sounds like you're already working with someone to get this resolved, but if there's anything we can do for you here on the forums, please let us know by clicking here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I bought an iPhone 7 July 24,2017at an ATT store When they opened the box I made sure everything that was on the box was in the box. I even asked about the 5watt lightening charger. When I arrived home started downloading my music I noticed my battery was in need of charging. To my great surprise inside the box they gave me to take home it had your basic charger 2.1. Talk about upset. I paid $800. They stole my lighting 5 watt charger right under my nose. I'm going back tomorrow. If they don't give me the correct charger I'm returning it.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

7 years ago

What charger were you expecting?   Because this is what's in your box.   The photo includes the 5 watt adapter. 

IMG_6162.PNG

1 Attachment

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.