For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
JacksnJames's profile

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

Monday, June 2nd, 2014 11:40 AM

AT&T caused account disaster!

ong story short, as a gift my father purchased my cell phone and my boyfriend started the account. Somehow my father needed up being the account holder under my boyfriend’s social security number. After weeks of ALL of us calling NUMEROUS times the account was never fixed. I called last Thursday to set up my payment arrangement only to be transferred to the fraud department who deceptively advised me to turn my phone off then back on and they would call me back. Well, they did and the call wasn’t even from the same person. the person who called me back was 1) rude 2) careless 3) not understandable due to unclear English 4) deactivated my phone and 5) hung up on me. i called back and the fraud department advised me that my boyfriend had to go to a retail store to verify his identification to get the phone reactivated. We went to the Mooresville, NC store and spoke with Marcus Woodward, a manager who usually works at the Huntersville, NC location. After 3 and a half hours of sitting there with Marcus he advised us, my boyfriend and myself, that he 1) would call us Sunday 6/01/2014 2) would have the account and phone reactivated by Sunday 6/01/2014 3) would take care of the $126.00 bill left on the account and 4) waive the $500 deposit that was ridiculously charged (credit is good). We tried to call Marcus on Sunday but his cell phone was going straight to voicemail so we called customer service. The customer service rep, yet another incompetent employee, just wanted to spend an hour on the phone trying to explain to us what happened to the account if we didn’t know. We called them and told them what happened to try and get help!

I need to know who I can contact internally to get this fixed before I decide to litigate due to deceptive practices and just the false allegations alone, which is, in fact, fraud. In addition, the damages we have suffered due to your company running us around as if we have been contacting a three ring circus. 

I have no number for you to contact me (my cell is my phone) so your only option is to email me or respond to my message in this forum today by 3pm EST.

Scholar

• 

185 Messages

10 years ago

I can understand your frustration as I had been in the situation before just like you. The problem is that whenever someone is new to your case, they have to fully understand what happen first. In order to do that, they need to review the account notes and ask you questions to better understand how to help you out.

In terms of someone contacting you back on this forum, chance is not going to happen.

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

10 years ago

Just today we have already been transferred to 3 different people and the fraud department twice. All while we are trying to work

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, JacksnJames!

Thanks for posting. I'm so sorry to hear about your recent experience. We would be happy to investigate further and find an acceptable resolution, so please click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

10 years ago

I've already sent a private message. I received a response in my person email and also a repose in private message. You know where we are at this very moment? We are back at the AT&T store we were at on Saturday for 3 and a half hours. Only this time Joe, the store manager, has left for the day. Guess who Joe left in charge. I will tell you. He left his assistant manager here and it's her first first day employed with AT&T. I actually feel sorry for her because she will be luck to find someone competent enough to simply get our issue resolved. It's not rocket science.

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

10 years ago

**update** the store is unable to activate my old service nor can they start new service because the fraud department flagged the account. They cannot unlock my phone so I can go to another service provider and cannot give me a refund for the new galaxy s5 I just purchase on May 14th. It's my understanding at this point along with all the other laws regulations AT&T has violated, AT&T is now facing a class H felony charge.
I am seriously floored in disbelief that a company would be so unorganized.

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

10 years ago

**update** we called the fraud department as we were leaving the store. As we were speaking with the the person in the fraud department Christopher Newman walks in to start his shift and over heard the conversation. It just so happens that Christopher Newman was the representative working on our case. Christopher took over the call and had my service reactivated with the same number and has noted the account appropriately stating I never committed fraudulent activity.
AT&T should now feel compelled to compensate us for damages we have had to suffer for almost a month now. Not to mention they deactivated my service on the 29th falsely accusing me of fraud.

Guru

• 

552 Messages

10 years ago

ATT is having a tremendous problem with fraud lately.

For some reason it's easier to open a fraudulent line in someone else's account than it is to get help with your own account.

That's why they're flagging accounts so much.

It's the Nigeria of the wireless industry.

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

10 years ago

I understand, however I do not care. I handle litigation for a multi billion dollar company. It's my job to resolve and identify real issues. In our case it was more than clear we did not make a mistake. This was 100% error by AT&T. Not only that but the account was set up through my company's business services website that is connected to AT&T'S premier group.
There are NO excuses for the way we have been treated for almost a month. Just the behavior alone that we experienced by almost all of the representatives is unacceptable and will not be tolerated! The notes Christopher read last night are the same exact notes that everyone else at AT&T read which I have noted also, along with a long chronology of events with the names, dates and times.
I just wonder how many other customers have and are being treated as if they are simple minded, being accused of committing fraud and experiencing deceptive behavior.

Scholar

• 

185 Messages

10 years ago

True, and definitely agree on your side.

Sometime you just have the employees who don't have the knowledge in the field to do the job. Is like you try to ask a farmer to do a lawyers job, of course they will be incompetent in the field.

Att human resources has been sitting on their desk, not doing much of their work, and getting paid for it. That's how bad thus company has gone down the road. Every employees on this company seems like always need to have some relationship with some other coworkers. Most of them got promoted not because of their outstanding performance, but rather who they know and who likes those outstanding employees.

All corporate are pretty much corrupted. They have managers that's even worst than the employees that serving the customers. Managers who only look at the numbers instead of treating customers with courtesy and respect. If you bring them sales, then they are looking to help you, if you dont, forget it. Unless you make a big deal out of it, then they will know that they need to take care of you because if not, it will hurt their brand reputation.

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

10 years ago

I agree with you also....

I try to not to make assumptions about what employees are physically doing while they are getting paid, however it is a fact based from my own experience only with AT&T that one or more of the below instances is the bigger issue here:

1) The process' and procedures need to be altered to avoid negative customer impact

2) Individulas were hired to fill a spot. nothing more nothing less

3) Experienced employess are scared to make an executive decision out side of the procedures due fear of losing their job becuase they know more than thier manager

4) Managers, who are hired to manage and resolve customer issues, are more incompetent and perform worse behavior than their direct reports.

5) Employess that used to care just dont care any longer becasue of the way they are being treated and the executives that need to be informed of the concerns that are a high risk to the company are munipulated into thinking everything is running as they should. (if they dont know they cant fix it)

In order for a dramatic change to take place its going to take one employee to get fed up and file a HR complaint.

I can take action, as a customer, to negotiate settlement for the damages I have experienced personally but thats not going to raise a flag that an internal investigation is in order. I would say 70% of the fraud department alone needs to be wiped clean to hire people who are competent enough to identify whats fraud and what is not!

I am not one to raise big stinks as I deal with this kind of drama all day long myself, however I will ABSOLUTLY NOT tolerate being accused of something as serious as committing fraud nor should anyone else in this same general situation like myself. AT&T tried to undervalue my credibility. Their are active Federal Court Judges that have stated on record that I am credible and its not because I'm incompentent, it's because I hold a good reputation and always have records to prove my case.

I am an easy person to talk to. AT&T can address my concerns to make this situation better but again today they made the decision not to. As a matter of fact, Im going to make another effort to resolve this and call them right now.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.