For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
fabryrukundo's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, June 15th, 2017 3:21 PM

messenger problem

Please fix this app messenger it's not working,it's always showing that it's connecting in orange color but didn't get anything. I can't send any massage or receive please help me.
My device Nokia Lumia 820

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

673 Messages

7 years ago

I have bad news for you. Facebook has stopped support for messenger on older platforms. You have only two solutions with your current phone.

Upgrade the phone to Windows 10 Mobile
Send And receive messages via the browser.

Not the best answer, but that's the only answer. You can complain to Facebook, but it'll not change anything.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

Apps are usually the domain of the app developer or the manufacturer.  Which 'messenger' app are you asking about?

the built in SMS APP?   Facebook?  

Guru

• 

673 Messages

7 years ago

@fabryrukundo Not enough information. But I'll make an assumption based on a couple of pieces of data. You are posting here and you mention the color orange. "messenger" typically means Facebook messenger. However, it cannot be themed Orange. Since this is an AT&T forum and your phone can be themed with the orange color which does carry over into the text messaging application, you must mean that? Of course it could be some other messaging app.

If you don't like the orange color, you can change that by going into Settings and you'll find colors under Personalization.

On the messaging not sending or receiving... if it is in fact text messaging I wonder if your SMS Center Number bad? I'd expect an error message if it were. However, you can go into the settings of the app, and you'll see SMS center Number

It is kind of cool how the keyboard looks when you use Word Flow and the color orange...

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1108200

Is your 820 still on Windows Phone 8.1 or have you updated it to Windows 10 Mobile?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Dear,the problem isn't color I said that because when u opened facebook messenger on windows phone first u get "connecting" in orange color on the top of ur phone and when it's connected u get the green one so this app keeps showing me that it's connecting and never get to connected,I can't send massage or receive massages and I tried to uninstall the app and install it again but still don't work I don't know why!!??
I upgraded my phone from win 8 to 8.1
Thank you

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@fabryrukundo  And in no way shape or form is Facebook messenger made, updated or managed by any carrier.  This is between FB and windows phones.

Guru

• 

673 Messages

7 years ago

@lizdance40 Not just Windows Phones. Facebook dropped support for several outdated devices including blackberry. My grip is that Facebook pulled apps, but I kind of understand the fact they could be forced to support it if they didn't. But you're 100% correct this has nothing to do with the carriers as far as fixing it. however, in this situation the carrier could have done something to get the 820 onto the approved list for Windows 10. But that one is well behind us now too. Now to see how we can best help the user.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@ODad  The recommendation to use from the browser I have seen before.  Actually supposed to be better on battery and data.  And some browsers allow you to create a shortcut for desktop.

Guru

• 

673 Messages

7 years ago

@lizdance40 the browser is an option. Actually on Windows Phone 8.1, the browser is probably the better way to do Facebook period, even when an App was available.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.