For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
dnemceff's profile

Mentor

• 

30 Messages

Monday, April 14th, 2014 4:00 PM

Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview - Data Sense Included!

Hi all!

I've just updated my AT&T Nokia Lumia 920 to Windows Phone 8.1 via Developer Preview!

So far so good!

What a surprise, Data Sense is included! I wonder if AT&T will get rid of it in official update.

Still no ability to stick with 3G Edge in cellular settings, though.

Here is the link how to perform the update:

http://wmpoweruser.com/windows-phone-8-1-developer-preview-is-now-available-for-download/

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I'm new to windows phones, so what exactly is this preview about?

Mentor

• 

90 Messages

10 years ago

@faintestidea wrote:
I'm new to windows phones, so what exactly is this preview about?

It is a preview/beta of the next version of Windows Phone 8.  It has new and updated features.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Has anyone that uses Internet Sharing performed the Developer Upgrade?

I recall that when the GDR2 was released, that feature did not work with the non-AT&T version.  I wanted to make sure that it continued working if I upgraded.  Otherwise I will be paitient and wait for the actual release.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

One more question.  Has anyone who upgraded use EAS?  I am curious if there has been any change to the sync policy.  I hate that I have to manually sync or wait for a message to come in to avoid having messages moved to Deleted Items marked as Unread.

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

10 years ago

@scalbert wrote:

Has anyone that uses Internet Sharing performed the Developer Upgrade?

I recall that when the GDR2 was released, that feature did not work with the non-AT&T version.  I wanted to make sure that it continued working if I upgraded.  Otherwise I will be paitient and wait for the actual release.

I don't use Internet Sharing often and haven't had occasion to do so since upgrading to 8.1 over a month ago. But for you, I'm testing it right now. I disconnected my home wifi network and connected to my Lumia 920. If this message posts, you'll know it works fine.

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

10 years ago

@scalbert wrote:

One more question.  Has anyone who upgraded use EAS?  I am curious if there has been any change to the sync policy.  I hate that I have to manually sync or wait for a message to come in to avoid having messages moved to Deleted Items marked as Unread.

I'm not sure what sync policy you are referring to. I have EAS on my live.com account (also my WP login) as well as an Office 365/SharePoint account. The business account uses the Sharepoint app and keeps the inbox separate. It's set up to download new content as it arrives. It syncs automatically.

My personal live.com account is also set up to use EAS. I use Outlook 2013 desktop which syncs with Outlook online which syncs with my phone. When I first set up my phone, I set up an email account only to discover that it was already done automatically by using my email address as my WP login. I was getting duplicates of everything - email, calendar, contacts and task items. The contacts, calendar and tasks aren't listed among the downloadables in the WP primary email account, but email, calendar, contacts and tasks are all synced automatically.

Perhaps I'm not understanding what issue you're having with EAS and WP syncing.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.