For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
CT2B145's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, July 27th, 2015 7:21 AM

Where is Lumia Denim? Seriously...

I have seen lots of posts about the update. Many seem ignored, forgotted,and/or shamed....

I am deeply disappointed by this. 

Again, the WP community asks - 

When is the Nokia 830 RM-983 getting the FULL Lumia Denim update with Lumia Camera 5 and other features included in the update?

We may be the minority of the smartphone community, but it does not give AT&T the right to completely abandon it's customers who bought the AT&T varient phone.

Seriously... This is completely ridiculous that you have done this to us... 

Please, at least give a decent answer in clarifying this mess. Each previous answer left us hanging or in utter confusion. 

Thank you.

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

9 years ago

I'm wondering if they can be pushed into taking the phone back at this point.  I am so tired of the way AT&T has treated us in this matter.  At this point it seems like there is either one of two things going on.  

1 - AT&T has not and/or is not spending any real time trying to get us this update which makes them negligent in my opinion.

2 - There is something inherently wrong with the RM-983 variant of the 830 and nobody is telling us the truth (which also seems negligent).

No matter which way you look at it, they have not provided a fully functional phone.  

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

#2   would fall on Microsoft/Nokia's shoulders since they made the device.

The other thing people forget is there are phones that may never see an update.  No cell carrier guarantees updates to devices they sell.  Look at the ICON on verizon.  Its in the same boat as the 830.  Im not saying its right.....  I got burned on carrier updates on android.

Scholar

• 

251 Messages

9 years ago

The ATT 635, for example, has been updated to Denim (June 9 release) but not the GoPhone variant.  Why?  I have no idea.  It's the same phone.

When I asked support about this a few weeks ago, they said the 635 GoPhone will be updated sometime in the future.  The future has yet to arrive.

Explorer

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

wrong.... like most updates on most carrier branded phones, it falls on AT&T. Every 830 variant worldwide already has the latest update, including North American unbranded, Canadian, Central and South American variants.

As for the Icon, that was all Verizon, not MS.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

@ashram wrote:

wrong.... like most updates on most carrier branded phones, it falls on AT&T. Every 830 variant worldwide already has the latest update, including North American unbranded, Canadian, Central and South American variants.

As for the Icon, that was all Verizon, not MS.

read what I said again.  I was commenting on the #2 point is @Gilbriem post.  Updates fall on the carrier and the oem.  I think ATT gave up on this phone.  But then again that is my opinion.  I have seen them and other carriers give up on phones before.  Usually they are mid range to lowend phones from samsung and LG.

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

9 years ago

I guess I have some real heartburn with the idea that carriers do not feel obligated to provide updates in a timely manner when those updates will fix real problems.  If that is the case then I believe I should have the right to return the phone, but I expect I will not be given that option. 

It really speaks to how little they value their customers individually. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.