For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
abroughton's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, August 7th, 2014 1:40 PM

WP 8.1 on Lumia 1520 Group Text Problems

Strange problem... thus far i havent heard of other people having this issue and it is plauging me.

When i send a group text, to lets say 2 people, the replies show up in another thread with 3 recipients. MY phone number is the 3rd person in this new thread. So if i want to keep my conversation together i have to reply to the 3 person thread and i recieve all my messages back.

Its pretty irritating. my group text is on. i have totally reset my my phone. what is going on??

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Also, this happens to everyone i text. iphone, android, WP

Mentor

• 

75 Messages

10 years ago

This question was discussed on the Microsoft Answer forums. The original question was asked in 2012 and someone revived the thread about 2 weeks ago. The person who revived the thread stated that his issue went away, seemingly on its own, but he did say at some point he turned off group messaging for a while and turned it back on.

He isn't sure if that is what made the difference. Have you attempted to toggle the group messaging off and on?

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp7-wppeople/getting-messages-from-myself-in-mms-group-text/700fcab5-b6a9-49f7-9d33-4630a6f373df?page=1

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I did turn it on and off, but i did not leave it off for more than a minute.

this only started happening since i upgraded to 8.1, i had no problems before then.

I will try leaving group messaging off for a few hours and see if it helps.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.