For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
startgame412's profile

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

Friday, December 5th, 2014 4:13 AM

Nokia Lumia 920 Battery Drain

Hi, I have a Nokia Lumia 920 and without using my phone, I notice it becomes warm and the battery seems to drain at a rapid pace. I have all my service off such as WiFi, Bluetooth, Data, NFC, Location, as well as preventing all apps from running in hte background. I can just have the phone fully charged leave it on standby  and a few hours later the phone will be 50% battery or less. I have the latest update for phone which is Windows Phone 8.1. Not sure if how long I had the phone for matters much but I have had it for almost two years now. Anyone else having this issue and could anyone let me know how to fix this? Thanks.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hello @startgame412 

How old is your phone? Is it still under warranty? I could be a hardware issue or if you had this phone for a while, it's possible that the battery just doesn't hold charge as well because of its age.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

9 years ago

I have the phone for almost two years. In April it will make two years. I don't think it is still under warrenty. Not sure if I fixed the issue or not but I have changed the settings for each individual e mail account so that I have to manually sync all my e mail instead of checking for e mail at specific intervals. Not sure if this was what was casuing the phone to become warm and drain fast but since last charge it has not gotten warm and I have had it on for days to see if it will get warm and drain at a rapid pace but so far so good. I hope this was the problem or else I am going to have to get a new phone which might be a complicated process because the person who's name is on the bill has moved out of state. Thanks.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

9 years ago

I've also noticed that of late (since Nov I would think) my phone's battery has been discharging a lot faster than before.  Not really sure if it is due to some app's updates or just age of the battery.  My phone (also 920) is just a bit over 2 years old now. 

It is a puzzling development.  Would love to hear if other people are having issues too.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.