For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
researchrussell's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, June 30th, 2015 7:54 AM

NOKIA LUMIA 635. IT SEE MY WI-FI BUT CANNOT CONNECT. ENTER PASSWD BUT BOUNCE BACK. HELP

I bought AT & T NOKIA LUMIA 635. It's working but i cannot conect to my office WI-FI. Each time i connect its say cannot connect. But the phone is seeing my office network name. I enter the WI-FI password still i cannot. Try locate advance tab where i could possible see the property of my WI-FI to change setting to either WPA2- PERSONAL OR SHARED just like in my laptop etc but can't see advance button. I only connect once through my CELLULAR DATA. What is wrong with my LUMIA 635? I bought the phone from Amazon. Do i need to do some update? I don't know, Please, help

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi there @researchrussell

I’m sorry to hear you are having some trouble connecting to your office WiFi! I’d be happy to help! Can you please answer the following so we can best assist?

• Are you able to connect to any other WiFi networks?
  • Have you been able to connect to this network before?
  • Have you reached out to the IT department at your workplace to ensure correct settings?
  • Do any error messages display?

Thanks,

Charise

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

No! I have not connected to any WI-FI network. No! I have not connected this my office WI-FI network before except using my office laptop. Well, I work in the IT department in my office. I am an IT analyst in my office. We have tried several options still with no avail. I have use it once to connect to the internet using my cellular data plan. Now I wanted to use the office WI-FI to carry out some update as well as downloading apps from store but get the message "cannot connect" despite the phone seeing my office WI-FI with full signal strenght.

Here is what i see under setting:

1. WI-FI: wi-fi networking is switched ON/OFF

2. Here my office network name: Cynergy ( secure)

3. An icon find nearby WI-FI

4. A button with the text on it: wi-fi Sense and

5. A button with the text on it: manage

Taping wi-fi Sense button gives two options to:

1. Connect to Wi-fi hotspots, 

2. Share wi-fi networks | select

Taping Manage button, Here i see two checkbox:

1. Automatically connect to wi-fi hospots provided by my mobile operator and 

2. Send information about wi-fi connections to help discover nearby wi-fi and below it i see "NO KNOWN NETWORKS"

So, i see nothing to manage here like ADVANCE button etc on my phone NOKIA LUMIA 635 AT & T

Thanks

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I have actually discovered a primary issue with Windows Phones involving, from what seems, certain AT&T routers. I assume that when Windows Phones were in production, they were never able to predict the changing world on a wireless scale so they only added basic support for internet settings. Unfortunately, at this point it is too late for Microsoft to fix this, since Windows Phones have been discontinued all together. 

Guru

• 

673 Messages

6 years ago

@DanCasMojo ah, no. There is no issue with windows phone connecting to Wi-Fi, even very old Windows Phone can connect without issue   I have many models laying around and they all can connect.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.