For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
zidane2016's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Saturday, December 20th, 2014 7:33 PM

Lumia Denim/WP 8.1.1 Update

Three days ago, Microsoft/Nokia began the worldwide rollout of the Denim firmware/Windows Phone 8.1.1 software update. The Microsoft Lumia twitter account gave very little detail other than "It will be available following carrier testing and approvals". Can any AT&T insider give us some info on when the Lumia 1520 (or other Lumias, for that matter) will receive this update? I'm spending the Christmas weekend with my family and I'd like to have the camera improvements and 4K video in time for that occasion!! You guys have been good to us WP users for the past two major firmware updates (Black, Cyan), so please don't pull a Verizon on us now!

Mentor

• 

69 Messages

9 years ago

ATT is supposed to be the premier WP carrier!! Verizon and now T-Mobile has beaten you to the punch with the Denim update.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Here is the Scenario at AT&T and I can get whatever flak.  I've been in the QA Business for 8 years.

They are an understaffed bunch of folks who's sole job is to make sure AT&T can keep control of your device and protect their restrictions. Example, Grandfathered Unlimited users can not teather or use hotspot on a device.  The OS has already been tested by Microsoft so their testing their communication, security, AT&T in the wallet, etc.

The small staff has to choose which device OSes to test and in what time period.  The minority in the Market is Windows Lumia OS.  Priority is the Many flavor of Android devices.

The forsight that Windows OS Phones are going to completely drive the market in the next 3-5 years is not there as they are in reactive mode and not pro-active mode.

We all agree that AT&T could have dedicated One QA Analyst for the last 6 months to test windows Lumia Denim on all Devices Successfully.

With all that said.  Why is Verizon putting the upper hand on AT&T as the first American Wireless Provider to release Lumia Denim?  AT&T Where is OUR DENIM?  

PS:  I know the time contraints and deadlines ALL QA Teams suffer.  Rigorous testing is never possible not even for Microsoft thats why the Microsoft Preview program exists.  Cut the Craps.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

@ATTMobilityCare on Post Dated Feb. 19, 2015 : FAIL

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

9 years ago

I know the community has been hard on AT&T over the past few weeks, especially myself.  But I personally just wanted to thank AT&T for rolling out Denim for the Lumia 1520 today!  Would love to hear the happy posts from all the users!!!

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

I don't want this to be an all negative thread, so thank you for finally releasing Lumia Denim to the 1520 and especially for posting a changelog. YAY!!!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

I think some people here owe these support guys a huge apology. Working in customer service for an IT department myself, I can be sympathetic to their situation- being the person who gets verbally attacked when something that's completely out of your hands goes wrong or gets delayed. These guys are just customer service reps- not the tech support guys doing the actual testing. AT&T is a HUGE corporation- you can't expect everybody to know what everybody else is doing. So it's very unfair to personally attack these guys or threaten to smash windows at a local AT&T store (You. Guy making threats. Grow up.) over something that they cannot control.

On a positive note, pass on my thanks to everyone involved in getting the Denim update out to my L1520. Love the new camera features especially. And for those of you who like to compare WP to other platforms, consider this: they got this out before Lollipop on most of their Android phones. They gave WP higher priority this round. Be thankful. I know I am.

Teacher

• 

33 Messages

9 years ago

Now the 8.1.1 + Demim watch heads to the lower models. 1520 this week, hopefully 830 next and so on. 

Microsoft did state late dec. that they were pushing for end of feb as the "all will have denim" date.  I don't see that happening completely, but pretty close. 

I am itching for camera 5 soooo bad now.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I am downloading it right now.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

9 years ago

Simply put, requested and delivered. I would like to thank all involved in working on testing and revising the firmware for release. Never an easy process but I feel like many have been heard, especially I for one.

Guru

• 

673 Messages

9 years ago

Meanwhile those of us on the 1020 continue to wait

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.