For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
hyacinth's profile

Mentor

• 

86 Messages

Saturday, May 10th, 2008 9:00 PM

Closed

LG Vu- using micro SD card

I just bought a 2GB micro SD card. How do I get this to work?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

16 years ago

hi i am having that card not reay problem but my card is only 4G . is there anything else that can be wrong?
thanks

Mentor

• 

10 Messages

16 years ago

i had the same problem.. 28 of 80 songs were showing.  i tried shortening file names, but finally found the problem

ID3 tags

if your songs only have ID3v1 1.0 tags the music player won't read them.  1.1 is fine.  ID3v2 2.3 is fine

having 1.0 and 2.3 is fine, 3 probably works too

i think having none is fine

having just 1.0, that's the killer

what an odd quirk!

for a quick check, download Simple ID3-Tag Editor to see the version numbers

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

16 years ago

hi
i had the same problem
In my vu i can see and play all mp3 from my stuff tab (Audio & Ringtones)
But i cant even see them on my music player (AT &T Music)
Can anyone help ,me

Mentor

• 

10 Messages

16 years ago

read my post above about the ID3 tags on your files.  that should be the solution.

i found back in the late 90s i ripped a lot of my cd collection using Audiograbber and it was most of those files I needed to upgrade the ID3 tag on for the Vu Audio player to recognize.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

16 years ago

Hi everybody.

I have a similar problem on my LG CU515 and the music library.  The phone "sees" the mp3 songs and I can play them regardless of the bit rate or the ID-Tag.  But they are not showing up in the library.   But after I move a song within the phone (one folder to another or root folder) they appear in the library.   But it is very inconvenient for 150+ songs since there is no multiple copying. Is there a way to refresh the library?

I am using a 2GB Kingston Card that worked perfectly in the Nokia 6555.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

15 years ago

I did what u said converting my mp3 to id3 v2
but it never worked
can u help me bro

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

15 years ago

i`m also having the card full problem when i try to switch my cameras primary storage to my 4gb micro sd card has anyone figured out the answer?

Mentor

• 

10 Messages

15 years ago

sorry, i didn't get notification of the 10/29 post, but i got one for the last one.

i don't have the usb cable yet, just a card reader in my computer, so, it's {word filter evasion} to test certain things.

i know, once i got all my songs to work, i stopped fooling around with it.  although, i do need to add more songs soon, so i may have new info.

when i was testing i did a few things.  i got rid of folders so all songs were on the root but that did not help at the time (I do not know if this necesarry or not).  I then made sure all file names were less than 37 characters per this post (http://cellphoneforums.net/lg-env/t247680-lg-env-vx9900-music-player.html) and that fixed like 1 song, so I can say that has something to do with it.

But the thing that helped the most was the id3 tags.  I fixed a few and then more songs showed up.  I then went back and fixed every old one.  Just having 1 that is off can impact multiple songs.

I specifically used the freeware Simple ID3-Tag Editor 0.5a (google Simple ID3-Tag Editor 0.5a for a download).  If I had an ID3v1 tag that was 1.0 I would remove it and svae the track.  I would do that for all and then re-insert the card into m phone and everything was good, and has been good.

So, my suggestion is 3 things, put all songs on the Root for now.  Make sure all titles are under 37 characters, including the .mp3.  And then double check your ID3 tags with the program mentioned above to make sure you didn't miss one. (There's no bulk chage with this program though, but it's quick to arrow down through all your songs to scan if any are 1.0)

Let me know how you make out

Message Edited by IanSee on 11-01-2008 12:39:30 PM

Contributor

• 

1 Message

15 years ago

Hi,

I have got a 2GB Micro SD card for my LG Vu. I see the error message "Card not ready" when I try to access it, through the settings tab.

Please help. Thanks!

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

15 years ago

I, too, have a 4GB memory card, and the camera will not save to the memory card (I also have a 1GB memory card, and the camera had no problem saving to the memory card.

For the music, I have had no problems with my music playing or the phone seeing any of my 300 songs.  Are you putting your songs straight into the root folder of the memory card?  In other words, when you explore your memory card on your computer, do you see your songs as soon as you open it?  My music is in a "Music" folder... this may be your problem, and my phone plays wma's along with mp3's. 

These are the folders on my memory card:  Music, Audio, Games & Applications, Graphics, Images, Java, MTP, Other Files, Sounds, Videos. 

I would leave the first letter of each word capitalized just to make sure there are no problems (the PlayStation 3 needs them in all capitals, that is why I say this).  Most of the folders are self explanitory, Graphics and Images seem to be the same as the phone sees them both, but the phone saves pictures in the Graphics folder, and ringtones are in the Sounds folder.  The Vu can only use up to 30 second songs for ringtones, so if you want a song as a ringtone, you will have to edit the song down to 30 seconds or less in order to use it, you can't use the whole song has a ringtone. 

Hope this helps.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.