For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
marissa85's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, February 10th, 2009 7:26 AM

Closed

Does the samsung propel require a data plan?

I was just wondering because when i went into an att store and was looking at them i asked the dealer spacifically about the propel needing a data plan and he told me it wasnt a smart phone that it doesnt require a data plan. And then today my mom got an email about the propel that says 2-year agreement and up to $35/month data or messaging plan required. is that just to quailify for the buy one get one free deal or is that saying that you need to have a data plan to use the phone

Accepted Solution

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

15 years ago

The "required data plan" means that you must get the data plan in order to get that particular deal they are offering....The phone itself does NOT require a data plan...My partner has that phone and he does not have a data plan with it...

Hope that helps  🙂

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

15 years ago

I've read somewhere (cannot remember where now, sorry) that the Propel requires a data plan for the first 6 months of use (like the Blackjack II), but then it can be cancelled after those 6 months.  Do you know if your partner was required to have the data plan for the first 6 months?  Thanks!!

Expert

• 

13K Messages

15 years ago

@jennslinkard wrote:
I've read somewhere (cannot remember where now, sorry) that the Propel requires a data plan for the first 6 months of use (like the Blackjack II), but then it can be cancelled after those 6 months.  Do you know if your partner was required to have the data plan for the first 6 months?  Thanks!!

The only time you would be required to take a data plan is if there is a rebate that goes with the purchase of the phone and it requires the data plan to be added, even then you would only have to keep the data plan for aprox 9 weeks, then when you get the rebate card you could call and remove the feature at that time. (that is is the device is bought directly from ATTM, if not then different requirements would ahve to be met.)

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

15 years ago

Thank you for the response.  I bought the Propel yesterday online and received no rebate with the purchase.  There was no mention of a needed data plan at any point during the purchase, so I'm hoping there will be no problems when I receive it.  Thanks again!

Expert

• 

13K Messages

15 years ago

@jennslinkard wrote:
     Thank you for the response.  I bought the Propel yesterday online and received no rebate with the purchase.  There was no mention of a needed data plan at any point during the purchase, so I'm hoping there will be no problems when I receive it.  Thanks again!

Call customer care, they can gett he rebate out to you, or stop by a local ATTM store and they can get it for you, as for the rebate, also check your email, it may be there waiting for you, you will need either the unlimited data plan and or unlimited messaging added to your number to qualify for it, the rebate is worth $50.

Professor

• 

103 Messages

15 years ago

Note that the rebate requirement is for a messaging or data plan.  The $5.00 messaging plan would qualify for the rebate.

Mail-in rebate requires activation on up to a $30 per month data or messaging plan: Pantech C530 (Slate) Pantech C740 (Matrix) Samsung A767 (Propel) AT&T GTX75 (Quickfire)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.