For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
tahoegt's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, March 28th, 2016 1:09 AM

LG Watch Urbane 2nd Edition LTE

Does the new LG smartwatch works on any sim card ? In other word, does it consider unlocked device ? Can I have the option to pick the watch from a store if I place a pre-order ? Thanks.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

It's sim locked to Att this time around.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

The Urbane 2nd Edition is confirmed to be unlocked and does work with T-Moble.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-watch-urbane-2nd-edition/662716-confirmed-unlocked.html

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@darklighter43

nice catch I tried a verizon sim in mine not a tmobile.  so there is a internal difference between the verizon version and ATT version.  Why am I not surprised.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I purchased the Urbane LTE last a week and a half ago. Walked into the AT&T store and bought it full price for $359.00. Got home and popped my Google Project Fi sim card from my Nexus phone into the watch. Instant connectivity. Didn't require any configuration at all. Was able to make phone calls and text messages like a breeze. In fact, i have found voice dictation texting on the watch is even faster than regular texting on my phone. Note though, the LTE bands on this watch only support Bands 2 and 5. And those bands are restricted to AT&T use. However the watch works completely fine on 3G. Not having LTE connectivity does not hamper your call quality or perfomance on this device. It barely uses any data at all anyway. But grab one! It is the best purchase i have ever made(since my Google Nexus 6P):).

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

It also has band 17 support...  I have lte when there is no band 2 or 5 and my phone shows im on band 17.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

i purchased one thru ebay & wanted to ask you how do i get to the built in AT&T sim card already in the phone to replace it? & do i now have to ask sprint for a sim card? plz let me know... (have never had to unlock a device b4...)

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@AR0616 wrote:

i purchased one thru ebay & wanted to ask you how do i get to the built in AT&T sim card already in the phone to replace it? & do i now have to ask sprint for a sim card? plz let me know... (have never had to unlock a device b4...)

@AR0616

yes you have to get a sim card from sprint but did you check with sprint to see if they will allow it on there network?  Sprint does not offer smartwatch lines from what I can tell.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

from what sprint tells me evidently they are on a different system and they
say that the sim car wont do anything if inserted into the phone. they
have said that in theory once the present sim card is removed that it should
work via the bluetooth to get phone & text notices on the watch... do you if
that is true?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

Sure all you have to do is turn the cell radio off. I use mine that way all the time.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

thanks for the advice. could you tell me how to do that?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.