For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
Kash2018's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, February 2nd, 2018 12:53 AM

Is the kids smart watch Doki S compatible?

I  purchased the Doki S smart watch for kids (from Hong Kong) because it has great reviews and the website claims it was compatible with AT&T. Is that true? If so how do I go about getting a plan if I am currently with another carrier?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

We’ve been waiting for another forum poster to report back.  He has one coming any day now.  The problem is the website says it has only 1 of the 2 required 3G bands.  That means it might get service all the time half the time or none of the time.  I wouldn’t buy it before we get confirmation. 

https://forums.att.com/t5/Other-Phones-Devices/Smartwatch-for-Kids/m-p/5222507

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I bought one and it could not connect with the ATT network in Utah.  All I could get to work was the wireless.   Doki just sent me a notice that due to changes in ATTs network the watch will not work in all areas.  They highly recommend ting.  So, either I switch all of my account to Verizon and buy their watch or I buy a single line/pay as you go for my now useless Doki watch.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

It was not compatible with ATT in Utah.  After three weeks of trying to connect and multiple emails to Doki they said ATT made changes in their network and the watch/phone was no longer compatible in all areas.  They strongly recommended ting for a pay as you go plan

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@rwallyo wrote:

It was not compatible with ATT in Utah.  After three weeks of trying to connect and multiple emails to Doki they said ATT made changes in their network and the watch/phone was no longer compatible in all areas.  They strongly recommended ting for a pay as you go plan

Att didnt change a thing you just happen to be in the area that uses the 3g band the doki does not have...  Ting uses tmo and they are getting ready to kill off some of there stuff also.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks - good to know. My only choice may be to switch to Verizon and use
their kid watch.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Bought a Doki Watch S and took it to an AT&T store in Northern California. Spent an hour with an AT&T customer service guy. Here is what I learned:  AT&T was confused with the doki. In the store the staff did not know about the device and calling “level 2” support brought another AT&T person to table who also was confused.  The AT&T guy in the store first setup my doki nano sim incorrectly as a “smart watch”. This took 20 mins to discover this and undo. The sim need to be setup as a phone. This was validated on the doki website. After this we got the doki device completely working except for the video calling. We cannot get it to work. I escalated and got a call from a higher level AT&T support person who got an AT&T person from “advanced network support” in the phone. She was knowledgeable and told me that due to the doki’s Frequency requirements for video calling that currently AT&T cannot support it. <- does anyone out there have a doki S completely working on AT&T’s North American network??

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I’m about to purchase is your device working now ?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

It is garbage. Battery life is poor, performance is slow and support is weak. We ended up giving our 10 year old an older iPhone. We didn’t want to but it was the better choice.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Yes it works - the granddaughter loves to send selfies to us. Sometimes I
get an echo on my iphone that my wife does not get on her android. I did
have to send the watch back once to get a replacement when the first one
would not connect.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

No!  I am having similar problems and getting a run around from doki.  This device does not at all seem compatible with AT&T and I'm tired of wasting time on the phone and email about it. I'm just going to stick with my Verizon plan and get their phone watch but I'm pretty perturbed about the cost I put out for this Doki watch.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.