For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
deedee_3's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, March 25th, 2013 2:28 AM

where is METV on U-verse?

Where is METV on U-verse?

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

8 years ago

@ElBee54 wrote:
Come on Uverse! Get with it and add MeTv, Antenna TV, etc.!

As stated earlier in this thread, if ME-TV is not a sub-channel in your market, it will be on Ch. 136, as it is here in Dallas.

Antenna-TV is a sub-channel in most markets and as such, ATT does not carry it AFAIK.  Check the list HERE for yourself.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I heard that AT&T is phasing out u-verse and is changing people over to DirectTV. Do you have info on that.

Administrator

• 

905 Messages

8 years ago

@Sieg3021, I apologize, but I really don't have any information about that. Sorry!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

no but the store will push you to sign up for direct tv and say that they dont do uverse anymore but just go online and sign up for it , direct tv set up my satallite wrong and just got uverse and now i am trying to find metv on uverse

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

7 years ago

@proudmom79  If ME-TV is carried in your market, it will be on channel 136/1136. 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

So what makes it available in MY AREA?

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

It's MeTV who chooses which areas of the country and local stations to serve.  If those local stations are not carried by uverse then it won't be on uverse.  And if if the local station is served it may be on a subchannel that uverse doesn't carry.  Verify where it's carried near you by entering your zip here.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Sorry really don't understand "sub-channels" locally we get it via antenna.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

Probably on a sub-channel other than a .1 sub-channel.  OTA tv channels are notated as x.1, x.2, x.3, etc. (or sometimes x-1, x-2, x-3, etc.), where x is some channel number and the .n's (.1, .2., .3, etc) are the sub-channels of x.  Usually (but not always) the cable companies carry the x.1 channels if they carry it at all.  It's the exception that they carry the other sub-channels.

It's good you have an antenna.  This allows you to get those local sub-channels uverse doesn't carry.

Mentor

• 

55 Messages

7 years ago

136/1136
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.