For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Hiddenlake's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, July 21st, 2018 3:28 PM

When watching 2 channels, why can’t I rewind back to commercials?

When watching 2 channels, at each commercial time I used to be able to rewind back to the program played. Hence (rewinding) each to avoid commercials, any help ????

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

6 years ago

You've never been able to do that unless you were RECORDING the two channels. 

Because Uverse is IPTV, the streams are independent (I don't know of a better way to put it).  If you change the channel, you lose the stream.... unless you are recording.  THEN, and only then,  can you switch between channels without losing the feed.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I had uverse in 2012 2013 and you could toggle between 2 channels and not lose the stream, that is why I came back when it was available in my area again. So I'm not sure I agree with the answer. They may have changed but it was at one time available.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

5 years ago

Not true.  I've had Uverse since the beginning (2007) and UNLESS you are recording two or more channels, you cannot switch between them without loosing the buffer.

Uverse works on (and has always worked on) streams.  You get 4 but I remember when it was only 3.  Your system can only handle ONE STREAM at a time.  That's how it is now and has always been.  Therefore, if you are streaming ONE channel, switch to another channel, you've lost the first channel.

Customers who moved from other providers have complained about this from the beginning. 

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

@skeeterintexas

Your system can only handle ONE STREAM at a time.

I think that's a bit confusing.  The system can handle, generally, up to 4 (sometimes 6 with fiber) streams at one time.  It's better just to say there is only one live viewing buffer, i.e., whatever channel you are live viewing "takes control" of that buffer.  You're recordings of course don't need that buffer.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

5 years ago

It's been sooooooo long since this subject has even been brought up, I found it difficult to even explain it to someone, especially if they think it used to work a different way years ago.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.